Forum Index  »  J-Dorama Zone  »  Taiyou no Uta
 Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 2 of 4     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Taiyou no Uta

Author Message
Le3
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
Joined: 17 Dec 2006 Posts: 2
I finished watching taiyou no uta before 1 litre of tears, but trying to watch one after another = wayyyyy too insanely hard. Too many depressing moments that make you realize how sad life really is. Erika portrayed these characters a little too well haha. =]
 
orange_ka
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
Le3 wrote:
I finished watching taiyou no uta before 1 litre of tears, but trying to watch one after another = wayyyyy too insanely hard. Too many depressing moments that make you realize how sad life really is. Erika portrayed these characters a little too well haha. =]

well, many of the scenes were sad...but I look at it the other way, it will make you cherish what we have right now. even though its sad, it does have some positive affects. Smile
 
LightDay
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
Joined: 11 Nov 2006 Posts: 254 Location: Water Seven
I think this one is pretty good. Just finished watching it. I personally feel that the drama version of Taiyou is far better than the movie version. Not just because of the story, but also the cast. Kouji in drama version is excellent. I don't really want to comment about Kouji in movie version.
 
shavoingin
Posted: Jan 05, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
Joined: 11 Oct 2006 Posts: 302 Location: USA
i watched half of the first episode.. i found it a little boring Sad
 
cnix
Posted: Jan 05, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
Joined: 29 Oct 2006 Posts: 189
just finished watching. the end really got me there D:. -sniff- anyways, this is a fairly good drama. even though sawajiri's a great actress, she still makes moments unnatural with her facial expressions. needless to say, sawajiri was a lot better in 1 litre of tears. the important dialogues are also very generic. Kouji and Asami in my opinion had the best acting even for supporting roles. the direction is good for a drama, and transitions synched with background music were also executed in a smooth manner. the soundtrack for this drama could be one of the best i've heard. the singing.. eh its fine to lip synch but sawajiri does a poor job of it. as for the story.. the only dramatic twist was at the end. the brain deterioration aspect of a disease is overused for this type of story.. i've probably seen 4-5 dramas/movies with the same thing. all in all, sawajiri is gorgeous as always, the mass commercialism is ridiculous, and this drama gets an 8/10 in my book.

there's my two cence.
 
dottielotty
Posted: Jan 08, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
Joined: 07 Jan 2007 Posts: 6 Location: Sussex- England
I only watched the first 1 1/2 episodes and I was already close to tears- just the looking out the window wistfully....
I am interested in watching the movie as well as the dorama cause I like YUI Giggle does that make me shallow? Tee hee.
What I want to know is is there anything similar but different to this? I don't mean like that one mentioned earlier where someone's terminally ill but a similar kind of depressing but cute movie or dorama- I have no knowledge of any Japanese doramas appart from this one (and I only found out about this through the song).
Thankies
 
orange_ka
Posted: Jan 09, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
dottielotty wrote:
I only watched the first 1 1/2 episodes and I was already close to tears- just the looking out the window wistfully....
I am interested in watching the movie as well as the dorama cause I like YUI Giggle does that make me shallow? Tee hee.
What I want to know is is there anything similar but different to this? I don't mean like that one mentioned earlier where someone's terminally ill but a similar kind of depressing but cute movie or dorama- I have no knowledge of any Japanese doramas appart from this one (and I only found out about this through the song).
Thankies

I heard the movie was not bad, I haven't seen it myself. You could give it a try since you like YUI. Giggle I actually watched Taiyou no uta because I like Sawajiri Erika~
 
mangomalte
Posted: Jan 09, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Joined: 10 Oct 2006 Posts: 3587 Location: Sweden
the movie wasn't bad at all. i very much enjoyed it, even though i'd already seen the drama and kinda knew most of the stuff that was going to happen. it's (obviously... Tongue) a much shorter story, and i actually like it better than the drama. not only because i'm a big fan of YUI, who did a great job, but because it doesn't spin off on all these extra stuff that the drama did (with kouji's ex-girlfriend and the paparazzi and stuff). it's simple and beautiful, and it's not that sad. i like that it focuses more on the bright side of her life than making it into a sad movie where you're being reminded she's dying all the time. well, that's my thoughts about it.
oh, and plus that YUI is a much better artist than erika (who doesn't play the songs live in the shots... if i've got it right), and the songs for the movie is far better than the ones for the drama. Nod "good-bye days" is #1 on my overall top tracks list on last.fm. plus that i play it almost everyday myself... Tongue
 
Ayumi no Yume
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
Joined: 14 Jan 2006 Posts: 26
LightDay wrote:
I think this one is pretty good. Just finished watching it. I personally feel that the drama version of Taiyou is far better than the movie version. Not just because of the story, but also the cast. Kouji in drama version is excellent. I don't really want to comment about Kouji in movie version.

Oh dear yes. The drama was so much better to me. Much more Enjoyable. The movie left out too much and the actors were kind of dull, though I love YUI. They did a good job, but it seemed much cornier. It didn't hit me as hard as the drama did. One of the final scenes, which I won't mention, was left out in the movie and I thought that made a big impact on the entire story. Disappointing. They also left out a lot of important characters that also made it more fun.
 
lyn_mot
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
Joined: 28 Feb 2007 Posts: 6
I haven't finished yet watching this dorama. I still reach 1st Episode. I can't download it well from youtube, because of not too good internet connection. But, so far, I like the story a lot.
It's' good to watch...


Lynda
lynmot@gmail.com
 
orange_ka
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
plus, all the music in the drama was good too. I actually bought the OST for taiyou no uta. the music in there matches with some of the scenes so well, it made me cried a few times.
 
sakuraangel
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Joined: 10 Feb 2007 Posts: 8011 Location: Canada
^I completely agree about the soundtrack. Of all the dorama soundtracks I've heard so fair, this is probably the one I like most and can listen to the most. It's sad but to look at it musically, it's so... I dunno what so say other than it's really beautiful.

Like that "From Sunset to Sunrise" song, that song always reminds me of the Ferris Wheel scene. The Piano and String versions for the songs are great. "Blowin'" "Bloom" and "Bask in the Sun" are very cheery songs.

But yea Hiroyuki Sawano did a wonderful job of composing the soundtrack for this drama.

As for the drama itself, I liked it. I thought some of the stuff that happened in the middle episodes were more emotional than the last one but pretty much episode 5 and on, I cried a lot XD

Erika Sawajiri did a great job with her character and Yamada Takayuki did a good job. Actually their both great actors and I felt they had good chemistry (majority of the time) which is why I want to see the movie Tegami because they both star in that.
 
hikaru520
Posted: Mar 01, 2007 6:00 am Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 63 Location: Singapore
Tegami!!! So sad there no news whether will it be air in singapore. So ppl how to u all feel comparing the movie and tv version which one more nicer ? Smile
 
orange_ka
Posted: Mar 01, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
sakuraangel wrote:
Like that "From Sunset to Sunrise" song, that song always reminds me of the Ferris Wheel scene. The Piano and String versions for the songs are great. "Blowin'" "Bloom" and "Bask in the Sun" are very cheery songs.

But yea Hiroyuki Sawano did a wonderful job of composing the soundtrack for this drama.

As for the drama itself, I liked it. I thought some of the stuff that happened in the middle episodes were more emotional than the last one but pretty much episode 5 and on, I cried a lot XD

Erika Sawajiri did a great job with her character and Yamada Takayuki did a good job. Actually their both great actors and I felt they had good chemistry (majority of the time) which is why I want to see the movie Tegami because they both star in that.

I totally love listening to "From Sunset to Sunrise", and for me as well...it reminded me of the ferris wheel scene!! just so touching...

I watched "tegami", its not bad and erika did a pretty good job. I would suggest to the ones who like erika to watch it. Nod
 
sakuraangel
Posted: Mar 01, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Joined: 10 Feb 2007 Posts: 8011 Location: Canada
^Ah, I see. Now I'm more interested in seeing the movie (Tegami). I have seen the trailers for it, but it gives off more mystery than any answers. I have a very vague idea about what the movie is about though some quick descriptions sites have given. I'll definately watch it when I get a chance to.

I love the Ferris wheel scene. Probably my second favorite scene in the dorama.

@hikaru520 - it's hard to compare the movie and the dorama since the story is somewhat different (just same concept) and they both have different sets of actors. They both have their merits. I personally like the dorama a bit more because there was more time to develop the characters and their relationships with one another.

They both have good songs though. I like the overall soundtrack for the dorama more but I like the theme song by YUI for the movie more.
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 2 of 4     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
The time now is Dec 11, 2018 2:12 pm
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum