Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/ozh-who-sees-ads/wp_ozh_whoseesads.php on line 627

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/ozh-who-sees-ads/wp_ozh_whoseesads.php on line 628

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/themes/thesis/lib/functions/launch.php on line 93
YUI’s “Tomorrow’s way”

YUI’s “Tomorrow’s way”

by spellcheck on September 5, 2005 · 21 comments · AddThis

Tomorrow's way cover 1. Tomorrow’s way
2. Last Train
3. feel my soul ~YUI Acoustic Version~
4. Tomorrow’s way ~Instrumental~

Newcomer YUI debuted in February with the song “feel my soul” and made her comeback on June 22 with “Tomorrow’s way”. At the age of 18, she writes the words and music to all her songs. With her sweet and innocent voice, YUI sings about maturing in “Tomorrow’s way”. This single’s cover features a picture of YUI looking out a window with her chin resting on a guitar. With rays of sunlight shining in through the windows behind her, it surely reflects the longing to grow up that is conveyed in lyrics of the title track. Let’s look at “Tomorrow’s way”!

1. “Tomorrow’s way”

The beginning of this medium-tempo song has a very simple but soothing sound, with only YUI singing to the tune of an acoustic guitar. Once things start to open up around the chorus, her clear voice and impressive range really shine. She effortlessly glides through the high notes without a problem in a way that some other singers might struggle to mimic. Having written the words and music herself, it seems YUI has a good sense of what’s good and isn’t good for her. Everything fits together perfectly and this song and YUI go together like peanut butter and jelly. I’m not really bothered by anything at all in this song and it’s pretty good for being only her 2nd single.

Rating: ★★★★★

2. “Last Train”

“Last Train” a little more upbeat than “Tomorrow’s way”, although it does somewhat have the same kind of feel. I don’t really have a great deal of good things to say about this song, but I don’t really have much to say that’s bad about it either. It does lack something, though. It needs to have something that jumps out and grabs me by the neck and pulls me in until I can’t turn back, and so far I can’t find it. I think it needs a little more personality. Since I bought this single, I’ve tended to avoid it a little for no particular reason. It’s just a mediocre song to me.

Rating: ★★★☆☆

3. “feel my soul ~YUI Acoustic Version~”

I’ve heard the original version of “feel my soul” a few times and it’s a pretty good song. I’m falling in love with this acoustic version even though I still don’t have a perfect sense of the original. It features 3 things: YUI, backup singers and an acoustic guitar (and actually, maybe a little guitar here and there). Just because it doesn’t have a lot going on doesn’t mean in any way that it’s boring. Her voice is perfect for acoustic songs like this one and just like “Tomorrow’s way”, it still seems she doesn’t even have to try to sound this good, it’s just natural for her. I’m impressed.

Rating: ★★★★★

Being only YUI’s 2nd single, this is pretty good. An acoustic version of “feel my soul” was a pretty good idea because that might attract people who bought her 1st single, but “Last Train” could have been jazzed up a lot more. I think she’s pretty talented and I hope she doesn’t disappear any time soon. Her voice is too good to go to waste. She’s still pretty young but sings like she’s been in the business for years. Hearing this single makes me want to look into her 1st one and I hope she has an album coming soon because I’ll definitely check it out. Good luck to YUI and here’s to hoping that all of her future work is just as good as “Tomorrow’s way”.

Overall Rating: ★★★★½

Purchase this item: YesAsia US | YesAsia Global

1. YUI’s “LIFE” ... Unlike her 1st and 2nd singles, “feel my soul” and “Tomorrow’s way” (respectively), “LIFE” is an upbeat song with a slight country feel. In addition, this song was chosen as the ending theme song of the popular Japanese anime “Bleach”. .........
  2. YUI – Good-bye days YUI is a Japanese pop artist who writes and plays the guitar to her own songs. She debuted in December of 2004 with the single "Its happy line" though it wasnt until her 4th single "LIFE", which was used for the ending theme for the popular anime bleach, that she became a popular household name.......
  3. Kaoru Amane’s Taiyou no Uta Kaoru Amane's single has created quite a huge hype within the Japanese audience. This beautifully constructed single broke many records and has brought the dorama 'Taiyou no Uta' to life.......
  4. ORANGE RANGE’s “Kizuna” ... On the cover a swing set is shown and the symbol of the band is drawn in the dirt. The picture is in black and white and gives it more of a nostalgic feel. The CD design and the back of the sleeve feature little doodles of stick men with parachutes being eaten by alligators and struck by lightning and a game of tic-tac-toe won by the O’s. No doubt about it, “Kizuna” is about friends and remembering the good times, so grab your warm and fuzzy childhood memories and let’s go! .........
  5. Nishino Kana – MAKE UP MAKE UP is Nishino Kana's 4th single. This single is a follow-up of her 3rd single Style., which was the 2nd ED of the popular anime series SOUL EATER.......

Kai UNITED STATES May 10, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Fast Forward 6 years. YUI has grown as an artist and has succeeded in her career. I think we all watched her for these many years and are very happy for YUI :D

IKO INDONESIA January 18, 2010 at 12:35 am

HAI yui, your albums is very best song …….?????? I very like atomorrow way …. gook luch for yuor albums ,,,,next…..?//???

chie June 2, 2009 at 3:03 am

yui is a talented girl
why don’t yui comes to malaysia
i’m waiting for you……YUIIIIIIIIIIIIII………….

amy UNITED STATES March 24, 2009 at 12:38 am

hi YUI ! u so cool i like u ..u are the best :)

choky AUSTRALIA December 5, 2008 at 2:57 am

yo’re perfect and so beautifull

michelle_upm February 19, 2008 at 3:59 am

Dear fellow Yui fan(s),
you can visit the YUI-Lover forums for guitar tabs and lots more.
Its quite comprehensive.

rurikomai December 1, 2007 at 2:33 pm

does anyone have the guitar chords of LAST TRAIN by YUI???

pls send it to my email: quiddus_1990@yahoo.com

Jezica July 24, 2007 at 4:52 am

I really like YUI’s voice and the rythym of her songs

especially when she sang tomorrows way, and Feel my soul.

one of my favorite J-pop singers.

dhuma INDONESIA June 9, 2007 at 1:27 am

hay!!!
may i ask 4 the tab guitar of yui’s songs?
thnx very much..
serena_nikolas@yahoo.co.id

Nathan CHINA May 12, 2007 at 9:14 am

i am just listenning “can’t buy my love”….i am surprise by YUI because she has improved so much!!!

alexus March 5, 2007 at 8:35 am

im from phil. this was the first time i saw a jpanese sung lke that…..yui was nice i’m a fan of her eventhough i didn’t understnd the lyrics,,, i like the melody and rythm of all of her songs especially goodbye days, tomorrows way and i remember you,,,

more powers yui

Michelle Lou Samson January 17, 2007 at 9:39 am

I love all the songs of yui…. and i really enjoy listening to them even though i can only here them by the internet… the songs really strikes my heart especially the song “tomorrow’s ways” and “Good bye days”.. i just wish yui will have a concert here in Philippines… i really love her!!! she’s my idol!! (^_^)

if u’r yui’s fan, please add me to ur friendster account: mysterioussoul_lachrymoseheart at yahoo dot com dot ph…. thankz!!! Domo Arigato Gozaimasu!!!

Fin October 4, 2006 at 11:56 pm

Whatever, I love her at the first sight when I see her at Tomorrow’s Way >.<

dottie AUSTRALIA August 11, 2006 at 10:00 pm

Yui seems like a talented singer~
i really like her voice, very angelic
and innocent…and her songs
are really really nice..
Yui is definitely my favourite
Jpop singer~

Carlos June 4, 2006 at 8:42 am

This is one of the best music ever!!
Especially Tomorrow’s Way!!!
Then Feel my Soul also nice!!
Hurry up Try the Songs!!
I guess you will like it!!
Yui is one of the best singer ever!!
(^_^)

jam-jam February 9, 2006 at 11:18 am

i love yui!..she has a very cute voice..i wish to have a cute voice like that..i really like both songs though i can’t understand..i’m not japanese.. T_T

Wiilie January 10, 2006 at 1:25 pm

i love her very much!! great voice with a great talent

Dave Gerald INDONESIA October 16, 2005 at 11:43 am

For me personally, I like “Tomorrow’s Way” best. The melody really shows harmony, especially at the chorus. Yui have showed her quality as a talented singer. I’m looking forward to her latest songs and singles. Well, by the way, I would like to be her band-mate if she’s OK with that ^^ he3x… just kidding.

eyn CANADA September 6, 2005 at 8:20 pm

I haven’t heard “Last Train” so I can only compare “Tomorrow’s way” with “feel my soul ~YUI Acoustic Version~”.

I really like “Tomorrow’s way”, it’s such a nice song and YUI’s voice blends well with the melody, especially at the chorus. Her voice is a little tender and high pitch at times but I think she did well in this song. She has great composing talent apparently.

“feel my soul ~YUI Acoustic Version~” is a little boring for my taste, maybe I don’t enjoy the melody as much. This song reminds me of Rie fu a little, I think I’ll give this song 4/5.

Leanne UNITED STATES September 5, 2005 at 2:21 pm

I really like her voice. It has a child like sound like the stereotypical JPop idol, but it’s also raspy and not as high. ^^ I actually liked “Last Train” better than “Tomorrow’s way” but to each his own. Great review!

Lainay UNITED STATES September 5, 2005 at 2:14 pm

Thank you very much for this article. I really like her voice, reminds me of Michelle Branch very much. Her songs are very good too, she’s so talented!