Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/ozh-who-sees-ads/wp_ozh_whoseesads.php on line 627

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/ozh-who-sees-ads/wp_ozh_whoseesads.php on line 628

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/themes/thesis/lib/functions/launch.php on line 93
Do As Infinity

Do As Infinity

by Jason on September 23, 2005 · 49 comments · AddThis

Do As Infinity
Do As Infinity, one of the greatest rock bands in Japan that will never fade from our memories.

Before DAI formed, there was only Nagao Dai. Dai was already an experienced composer at that time because he had been composing songs for an amateur band before it disbanded. After that, Dai decided that he wanted to continue to achieve his dream, so he sent demos of his songs to about 50 record companies in Japan. avex was one of the companies that received Dai’s songs and they decided to hire him as a composer. He was given the task to compose music for Ayumi Hamasaki and Hitomi.

Not long after, avex gave Dai the opportunity to make his dreams come true by forming a band, so auditions were held and Van Tomiko and Ryo Owatari were chosen as the lead singer and guitarist, respectively. Together, they formed Do As Infinity (DAI). On the 29th of September, 1999, DAI’s first single Tangerine Dream was released and they held a live concert in Shibuya not long after.

Ban-chan Van Tomiko Vocals
Date of Birth: 9th January, 1979
Hometown: Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan
Height: 163cm
Official Site
Ryo Ryo Owatari Guitar & Vocals
Date of Birth: 4th April, 1971
Hometown: Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Height: 180cm
Nagao Dai Nagao Dai Composer & Guitar
Date of Birth: 28th March, 1971
Hometown: Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Height: 182cm

*Nagao Dai never actually appears in any of the photoshoots or promotional events, he just wanted to be the composer behind the band.

DAI began their almost daily street performances at a number of locations after the first single released, starting at Shibuya’s 109, which is a famous place for street performers, to Yokohama Station, and then some in other cities. Other than that, they also did a lots of in-store concerts at the CD stores across Japan and even took part some nationwide events, including a festival in Ban-chan’s (Van Tomiko’s) hometown in the Kumamoto prefecture. They held a free concert at Shibuya Kokaido after their 100th street performance. In December of 1999, DAI released their 2nd single Heart which brought them to join the New Year’s countdown event (1999-2000) held by avex at Roppongi’s Velfarre club.

The band never stopped making public appearances until the 3rd single Oasis was released in January of 2000. This song was chosen as the official commercial song of Kanebo Cosmetics’s Testimo line of products. The next single Yesterday and Today was chosen as the theme song of a Japanese drama Nisen nen no Koi which starred Miho Nakayama and Takeshi Kaneshiro and was given a primetime slot. This drama has brought DAI to another stage in Southeast Asia. Yesterday and Today attracted a lot of fans outside of Japan (including me), and soon everyone began to look forward to their newest works. The b-side song Raven was used to be the ending theme of a horror movie Uzumaki.

Just a month after Yesterday and Today, DAI’s debut album BREAK OF DAWN was released and made it to the top 3 in the Oricon album chart. The next single Rumble Fish was released in August of 2000. The title song Rumble Fish was chosen to be the theme song of Kamen Gakuen and the b-side SUMMER DAYS to be the theme song of Fuji TV’s OL Police. SUMMER DAYS was a breakthrough for DAI because it was a pure English song, something that DAI never tried before.

In the year 2001, DAI started to concentrate on their songs rather than tv appearances. The first new single of the year was Desire. For some reason, Ban-chan represented the band by herself during the TV performance on Music Station. Meanwhile, those TV performances brought them to an even wider audience and literally pushed their 2nd album New World to the top of the Oricon album ranking charts.

DAI’s 10th single Fukai Mori (aka Deep Forest) was a hit song, as this song was chosen to be the 2nd ending theme song of the hit anime series InuYasha. After that, DAI started to concentrate on preparations for their upcoming live concert tour which would began in November of 2001, just 2 months after their 3rd album Deep Forest released. This album inevitably debuted at the top of the charts too.

After the new year started, DAI decided to go global. After releasing their best album Do The Best in March, DAI travelled to Taiwan and Hong Kong for some special events in April. They amazingly attracted 500 fans during the in-store concert which was held in an HMV CD store in Hong Kong. After a short break upon returning to Japan, DAI released their 13rd single in July, the double A-sided under the sun/under the moon. That year they also participated avex’s a-nation tour to perform at eight venues all over Japan. The 14th single Shinjitsu no Uta was a song DAI composed during the trip to Hong Kong and Taiwan. The band was touched by the support of their fans from Hong Kong and Taiwan during their trip, so this song was composed as a thanks to them. The cover picture of the single was also taken in Taiwan. Shinjitsu no Uta was also chosen as the 5th ending theme of InuYasha. After that, they closed the year with another live tour concert called Do As Infinity greatest year ‘02 ~ALL STANDING~ and released their 4th album True Song.

Do As Infinity finally achieved their superstar status four years after their debut single. Looking back at the times DAI performed in front of commuters on the street, you can tell that they really put a lot of effort on their music and were undoubtedly able to continue their successful music performances in the coming years. Gates of Heaven(2003), Do The B-Side(2004) and NEED YOUR LOVE(2005) has proven their great achievements in music.

Released Albums

Break of Dawn
Released Date: 23rd March, 2000

Break of Dawn 01. Break of Dawn
02. Standing On the Hill
03. Oasis
04. Another
05. Kokoro no Chizu
06. Heart
07. Raven
08. Welcome!
09. Painful
10. Tangerine Dream
11. Yesterday & Today
Bonus: Oasis (acoustic version)

New World
Released Date: 21st February, 2001

New World 01. New World (Album Mix)
02. GURUGURU
03. Desire
04. We are.
05. Snail
06. Eternity
07. Rumble fish
08. Holiday
09. 135
10. Wings510
11. SUMMER DAYS
Bonus. Yesterday & Today (Strings Orchestral Mix)

Deep Forest

08. New World
09. Yesterday & Today
10. Oasis
11. 135
12. Fukai Mori
13. nice & easy
14. Boukensha tachi (GTB* version)
15. Tangerine Dream (GTB version)
16. Welcome! (GTB version)
17. We are. (GTB version)

*GTB means Great Tour Band

Gates of Heaven
Released Date: 27th November, 2003

Gates of Heaven 01. Gates of Heaven
02. Honjitsu wa Seiten Nari
03. Hiiragi
04. Azayaka na Hana
05. Mahou no Kotoba ~Would you Marry Me?
06. BURANKO
07. D/N/A
08. Weeds
09. Field of Dreams
10. Kagaku no Yoru
11. Thanksgiving Day
Hidden Track: Shinjitsu no Uta (Mandarin Version)

Do As Infinty LIVE IN JAPAN

14. Field of Dreams -encore-
15. mc -encore-
16. Summer Days -encore-
17. Ai no Uta

Do The B-Side
Released Date: 23rdth September 2004

Do The B-Side 01. Wings (Strong Mix)
02. chiriyuku yuube

06. One flesh
07. Robot
08. Yotaka no yume
09. Ultimate GV
10. Need your love
11. Na no hanabatake
12. Hiiragi (acoustic version)

On September 14th, 2005, Do As Infinity(1999 – 2005) announced that they were going to disband on September 30th. The lead singer, Ban-chan (Van Tomiko), is already planning a solo career. Ryo Owatari, the great guitarist, has already started work for his next band Missile Innovation. What about Nagao Dai? Well, hopefully he will remain as a composer for avex to produce some more great songs for other avex singers like Ban-chan.

Jason and Do As Infinity
It’s really sad to see DAI disbanding. I have been supporting them for almost 6 years and it’s really painful to hear this. “No DAI no life.” This is what I always tell my friends around me, even though they don’t understand why I love them so much. Well, DAI’s music is very special to me. My dream of watching a live concert of DAI’s in Japan has vanished.

I will never forget my beloved band Do As Infinity, and I know Ryo and Ban-chan will have a lots of great achievements in their new jobs. The slogan “No DAI, no life” will always remain burned in my mind…

*Bonus
Lastly, I would like to introduce Ban-chan’s new solo song, Hold Me.

No related posts.

{ 1 trackback }

[IntroJ] Do As Infinity « Mou Man Tai
November 28, 2007 at 2:01 am

Jess November 3, 2009 at 9:42 pm

I’m so glad that they r back together!!!!!! Dai Nagao seems to be a lot more behind the scenes though. I really like Dai Nagao cuz without him, there wouldnt be Do As Infinity. It kinda makes me wonder. Does Dai have a social life? Does he have kids? Who is he really like? Makes me wonder… My fav songs from them are: aurora, Raven, Rumble fish, Summer days, New Frontier, Ai No Uta, Under the sun, would you marry me, and fukai mori. If it weren’t for fukai mori being a inuyasha ending, i would have never knew bout DAI or even japanese pop. Please go to http://www.youtube.com and look up aurora by Do As Infinity. Its a wonderful song!!!!!!!!!!

JapanFreak38 (dj) May 12, 2009 at 12:27 am

Hey everyone, good news! Do As Infinity is back together!!! also they already have out their new single called timeless! It will be released on June 17 with 4 other singles as well!!!!!! their tour across the world will start sometime this year or next!!

from yours truly
D.J.

Ryni UNITED KINGDOM March 17, 2009 at 11:30 am

I feel just like you.Until…
I read they’re coming back TOGETHER!!!!!!
I nearly cried!!!!Did u know that?

own control records MALAYSIA February 8, 2009 at 2:27 am

great info… this band rocking out!! i have almost everything from them…includes their live tour band tshirt… nothing much to say… this band soundtracking my life! hell yeah!

Jet Kidera UNITED STATES October 27, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Guess what? DAI came back together!

vence September 7, 2008 at 5:36 am

awesome!! i really miss this band

Buranko December 23, 2007 at 6:55 am

DAI is surely an amazing band!!!! I do love D.A.I…They are wonderful, they have proved their mastery in J-music in several Great Great Great songs (Guys I know almost all DAI songs is Great) such Buranko ( the most fav to me =)…,Fukai Mori, Shinjitsu no Uta, Break of Dawn, Rakuen, etc…etc.(OMG!!! There still more songs to mention)…’till now i’m still missing them so much!!!!….I hear their song 9 hours nonstop almost everyday!!!!…OMG!! Why do i have to suffer like this??!?…I become more addicted to their songs…DAI…Did you see all these comments about you????….So , would you come back??….I hope I would meet you someday in japan may be…Tokyo exactly..or anywhere in Japan… I Love DAI, I LOVE VAN TOMIKO, I LOVE THEIR FANS WHO REALLY LOVE THEM….

kharisma INDONESIA November 24, 2007 at 2:30 pm

hummm..
i really miss this band..
even i hear them song, but i feel so empty that i realize this band has broke up..
so sad… so dead..

do as infinity has the end, not infinity.. hehehehe..

u still the best 4 me… u r the music.. plz get the infinity again..

Sucks UNITED STATES November 8, 2007 at 7:21 pm

this sucks that they had to break up!!!!!!!!!! I heard about them 2 years after they disbanded, and I became a fan. I know that I’ll never get to see them!! Now I fear that their CDs might not be in stores by time I get to have one. I want their album “deep forest”. that is so saddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I would’ve heard about them way sooner. I found out about them through Inuyasha. My friend told me that Utada Hikaru sang those songs, but I researched it and found out that DAI sings it, so I listened to a bunch of their other songs, and i became a fan. I WISH THEY DIDN’T BREAK UP!!!!!!!!!! once I found out about their disbanding, I wanted to cry and die so I could go to DAI HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!

never ends.... November 8, 2007 at 10:14 am

well,i started supporting only after they’ve disbanded….they are the ones that got me into playing guitar,into Japanese songs and more importantly, they let me understand the word MUSIC….before listening to DAI, the music i know are juz random songs of different languages,i listens to music blindly without feeling or understanding them. But after i listened to Fukai Mori, it deeply touched me and made me realized, that this is the MUSIC i’ve been looking for…. after i found out that they have disbanded,i felt really bad although its already too late and i really wish that they would reform the band… altoughth i dun understand what their lyrics mean (coz i dun undertand japanese) but their music really touched me deeply….watever happens, Do As Infinity and al their songs will always stay in my heart….

Do As Infinity…never ends…

lucky INDONESIA November 4, 2007 at 5:22 am

i really like DAI,they make a different music it’s just simple and can touch people heart even i can’t understand japanese language….i’d love them…
arigato gozaimasu

deathangel October 6, 2007 at 12:51 pm

thanks for the article…….it really made me gry when i read it…….just like u, i been supporting DAI for 6 years and their disbandment came as a shocking to me and still is now…….really sad and heart broken that their skill in making music cant be for longer together but like what most of you say, they will forever be in our heart……

DAI songs arent just nonsense songs like most others songs out there in the market but their songs hold a lot of meaning and are related to every person life and nature………which is why i will always respect them and their music……..

the lyrics are a reflection of what human are and when you listen to the songs and understand the lyrics you will get to know that what they sing about are considef about our life…..

Van Tomiko, Ryo Owatari and Dai Nagao a.k.a Do As Infinity, thanks for bringing colors to my dull life…….i will never forget you guys and i love you guys for what you did….

love and peace………….

Amoeba.... August 12, 2007 at 10:26 am

D.A.I…… Why did you disband?
I’m just started to hunt ALL of DAI songs. DAI’s songs are HELL ADDICTING. I always play at least 10 songs every day. Their songs are innovative, creative, and unusual but very enjoyable.

maymay July 13, 2007 at 5:56 am

I remember that when they are going to be disbanded,I thought it was a joke.btw,i wish tat tey were not disbanded at that time.they were so good and they were just like F.I.R.,my favourite Chinese band.Because their music were similar to F.I.R.,I started to listen to some of their music and find it very nice.Now as they were disbanded,I think I will try to listen more of their songs and continue to support F.I.R.

dede kurnia June 30, 2007 at 1:30 pm

i love do as infinity so much,they song is so amazing,even i dont understand the language,but i feel its energy on my soul,strong but beatifull too….,VIVA do as infinity,i waiting ur tour to indonesia……….AI SHITERU YO!!!!!

NII-CHAN FINLAND May 26, 2007 at 8:10 am

maaaannnn…..i love DAI very much…….thanks for the information..though I knew almost everything from before….but I think it was really nice to read yours, because I could see, that you love DAI very much!!!I LOVE DAI VERY MUCH TOO!!!!I just don´t understand, why they broke up…….it´s ssssssoooooooooo sad :(.

Andrea UNITED STATES May 10, 2007 at 6:52 pm

Hey! I just discovered Do As Infinity by random chance on YouTube. Anyways, after hearing Rakuen, I am pretty much obsessed. I’ve been searching online for their cds and other songs but I cannot find anything that is of much help because it is usually in Japanese! I would be interested in buying a cd, but I found on Amazon that a cd was 45 dollars. Are there any ways to get a cd for cheaper? The links above also would not open in my browser! anyways, any help would be appreciated, they are amazing and it sounds like a lot of their stuff must be good.

Miroku PHILIPPINES April 17, 2007 at 12:47 am

hi! thanks for this article… I really admire your being a DAI fan even though they have already disbanded… (my god… why do they need to be disbanded… >__

sunANBU CANADA April 15, 2007 at 2:58 pm

i got into DAI after watching Inuyasha (that seems so far back!) i loved the sound and songs and it really is sad that they broke up.

To Chassity, if you meant “Shinjitsu no Uta”, it means “Song of Truth” if i’m not mistaken.

Chassity UNITED STATES April 11, 2007 at 11:26 am

Does anyone know what the song ‘Shinjistu no ota’ means? I know the einglish lyrics but I still dont know what the song means, could someone please tell me if you know? I would be very thankful if you did.

tomiko_van (nico) PHILIPPINES March 9, 2007 at 2:30 am

hey I’m glad that you share the same feelings with me. I also miss DAI so much and I also didn’t get a chance to watch a live concert of them. T_T

I’m a DAI fan from the Philippines (that’s why I’m kinda jealous with those DAI fans from HK and Taiwan, they got a chance to see DAI perform live!)

I’m still listening to their songs because no matter how many times I listen to it, I never get tired of their songs. (specially the songs from the album True Song and Deep Forest)

thank you very much for this article!!

Chandika Sanehi UNITED STATES February 6, 2007 at 6:01 pm

i can’t believe they broke up. they were awsome. Although they broke up,
i am a DAI fan 4 ever >

Uzumaki_Naruto January 2, 2007 at 11:58 am

Yeah…Me too!!! It’s really hard for me to accept that Do as Infinity is now gone!!! For me They’re one of the greatest bands to ever rock this earth!! RRRAAAAAARRRR!! Y_Y !!!! why do they have to do this??? don’t they realize that they’ve got a lot of fans??? I LOVE all their songs!! Especially….ENRAI, EIEN, YEsTERDAY AND TODAY!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…….all of them………….im so crazy about them!!

Japan Freak38(dj) November 26, 2006 at 12:35 am

Hey, thanks for every thing you put on this website it is a big help since i am going to japan. I hope i can find all the original CD’s there. Well thanks for the info on DAI it was a big help to me. Hey try e-mailing me sometime so we can talk about our love on DAI. And you are right “No DAI, no life” is the truth beacause they were the best japanese band EVER!!! Well thanks for the info.

from yours truly
D.J

Iacob Titus ROMANIA November 1, 2006 at 1:04 pm

Hi. thanx a lot from Romania for the links. I’m a huge fan. The best band yet! (Beatles doesn’t count)…

Khun Poo THAILAND September 1, 2006 at 1:08 pm

Thank you for being a wonderful source of information on D.A.I.

I’ve just heard of the band (and “Tangerine Dream”) today and your information plus the links to the MP3 are very helpful. Thanks a billion.

andy August 29, 2006 at 9:52 pm

i think DAI is selfish they dont understand what fans feeling ………T_T

Lydia UNITED STATES August 15, 2006 at 3:54 pm

Sorry i dont know how to speak Japanese, But i really like DAI’s music =3

Maya Blanco.Din May 6, 2006 at 1:05 am

Ano ne!!….Do As Inifinity…..i really missed them sooo much!!!

eheheheh Watashiwa……..!!
Daisuki daisuki ne…!! Do As Inifinity…..!!Aishteru no you!!!!

domo Arigatai!!!!….

sayonara =(

yoshinori April 28, 2006 at 10:08 pm

yoro… kanashiii…… T.T
aitai Do.As.Infinity…..

ki ni shinaide….

Konnichiwa… watashi ai shimasu Do.AS.InFiNiTY..
hmm.. nihongo hanasei masu ka??? tomodachi ni nareru….

sore ja mata….
Yoshinori ~ ^^,

Cherry April 28, 2006 at 7:42 am

Hi =) I’m a big fan of D.A.I. too.. though I guess my love for them can’t compare with urs. Thanx for writing this really informative article and speaking for the many many D.A.I. fans around the world who shall continue to mourn their absence.. though they will nv be gone from our lives. I’m listening to their album, “Deep Forest” right now as I type (just happened to come across ur site). I’m still recovering from the shock from finding out tt they had decided to disband.
No D.A.I., no life.

krizell April 28, 2006 at 7:37 am

Well, I understand what you feel. That’s what I feel too. That’s our dream too, me and my bestfriend’s dream, but it will never happen anymore. Why do they have to break up and have their own careers? Why do they have to disband? anyways I’ll be a DAI fan no matter what and they will be in our hearts!!!

midori April 28, 2006 at 6:37 am

whatever….. i like them so much….

Yue UNITED STATES April 22, 2006 at 7:17 am

Ryu’s joining his old band, Tomiko wants to go solo, and Dai is staying as a composer.

Alan CANADA April 16, 2006 at 3:20 am

Hey guys, exactly why are they breaking up? I still havnt figured it out.

Shou-chan UNITED STATES April 11, 2006 at 10:16 am

:[ Maaaan. I feel horrible.

I started to get into DAI through their IY songs–Fukai Mori, Shinjitsu no Uta, and Rakuen–and I loved them instantly.

I only regret not getting into them before they were gone. Though I will look forward to Ban-chan’s and Ryo’s other works. They’re awesome, and just because they aren’t together anymore doesn’t mean they won’t still be awesome.

In the meantime, I’ll stay here trying to save enough money to buy their CDs while listening to ‘under the moon’. :[

~Shou-chan~

Blue April 4, 2006 at 10:04 am

It really is a shame, to be breaking up when they were doing so well. I never thought I would feel like this about a band before, but their, music has touched me. I’m going to mis them so much, and I know they’ll do just as well in their future careers. I really really really hope that one day, they just might get back together again. haha, it’s pretty impossible though.

Maya Blanco Din February 20, 2006 at 11:35 pm

Hi guys, oh my god!!!

I’m so sad about this band. They were already disbanded it’s not good to see. Well we don’t have any choice, but is to accept the fact that they were gone. The important thing is, their music still alive. Just like my very own favorite band here in the Philippines “W/C IS THE ERASER HEADS”. They were disbanded since 2002. Oh gosh they are the greatest band here in our country. Just like this band Do As Infinity.

I hope they could read our messages from here.

Well I will miss Tomiko, Dai, and Owatari. Good luck into your own career by now.

Well I will just hope one day they will reunite again, ok?

hehehe god bless
bye……

tejung UNITED STATES January 29, 2006 at 4:08 am

I guess the breakup just means a fresh new start for all the band members. True talents will never remain hidden.

Ryan ( Kenshi ) UNITED STATES January 21, 2006 at 7:13 am

I feel so dead inside just so dead….. I can’t believe that my most loved cherished favorite band of all time and that i’ll ever love in my life has broken up. Tomiko Van… Ryo Owatari… Dai Nagao… They’ve broken up?!?!?! I just can’t believe it though i know its true. :( I sit here asking my self But WHY!?! They’re the best band in the world in my opinion. In my mind no other band can even come close to what they have given us given eachother and all of Japan and the world even…I feel like i don’t even want to live anymore you know.. like I LOVE DAI!!!!! SO MUCH!!!! But i know i have to go on i won’t ever EVER!!! forget them no never and i won’t ever forget all the BEAUTIFUL ROCKIN MUSIC that came from their souls their hearts their minds and as if from clouds on high they delivered to us all their wonderful songs to ours souls mind hearts! They’ve put out alot of albums and singles since the beginning each song a to remember. They did so many concerts im sure and it break my heart to know that i can never attend even a single one of their shows :( not now or ever! My dream like so many others just like you said is gone forever. I’d give just about anything to have them back together, to see them in concert, for their to be Do As Infinity once more But now never ahh i feel sick to my stomach, my head aches, i wanna lay down forever and never wake up again just dream of DAI. But i know that they wouldn’t want this for their beloved fans. So i smile thru oh so many tears that seem to endlessy fall down my face i smile and wish them the best. All the best to come to them now and in the future. Do As Infinity You’ve been like a dream come true for me and soo many others. An answer to a prayer. Thats what they are and were and will always be in my heart and in so many others aswell. Tomiko, Ryo, Dai. I love you guys!!!! On a personal level i think of you all as almost like brothers and sister. I just love you all so much ^__^ so much! Domo Arigatou.
Thank you for all the beautiful memories. I and millions of others will forever miss you!!!! And we will all be cheering you on in your new carrers with the warmest of smiles and hearts…always.

I’ve been a Dai fan for so many years now ever since the beginning practicly and i will always be. No other band in the world will ever take the place of Do As Infinity in my heart. No other will ever touch me like they have. When you mentioned that saying ” No Dai, No Life ” I felt that deep down in me. It’s soo true and i can soo relate to you. I live in the States myself. I’m a HUGE fan of Japanese culture, history and alike. An even greater fan of the music that comes out of Japan. I love japanese music more than any other music out there. Dai’s at the top of it all for me. And even though they’ve broken up. They’re still at the top. My friends here in the States don’t understand why i love japanese music so much. They don’t understand why i love Do As Infinity so much and why i’m so heart broken over this all. I don’t expect them to ever understand why. Just like you said Dai’s music is very speical to me too. I’m so grateful that there is people out there that feel my pain as i feel yours. Because not a single person i know here can careless about it and that breaks my heart even more to know that they don’t care how i feel. It’s crazy really. So Thank you all …all the Dai fans out there for loving Dai You all are amazing and wonderful people with a GREAT taste in music and soul. ^__^ Thank you. I’m sure Dai thanks you too. As from mine as from theirs too. The Bottom of our hearts.

*** I listened to Ban-chan’s new solo song right after i read your beautiful page devoted to DAI Jason…and i cried. It’s BEAUTIFUL!! Even though dai is broken up now.. each member like Tomiko here with this song i’m soo sure will still touch us all. I can’t wait to hear more from Ban-chan and to hear Ryo’s band and Nagao’s work as well. I look forward to all their beautiful and masterful peices in the years to come. All my best wishs go out to Van Tomiko, Ryo Owatari, and Nagao Dai. As well to you Jason ^^ and all the Do As Infinity fans… Much love to you ALL!!! …. Bu Shade ( be well ) ***

~ ~ ~ Ryan ( Kenshi ) ~ ~ ~

kei UNITED KINGDOM January 18, 2006 at 7:00 am

i can totally understand what u mean. as a fellow DAI fan, i too was broken when I heard that they were disbanding. When Ban-chan said “saigo made arigatou” before performing their last song on avex’s a-nation 05, I was a little confused and then shortly after I heard about the disbanding announcement. I too wanted to see them live in concert, but that’s not going to happen now. OTL

DAI will live in our hearts forever.

I’m sure Van and Ryo will do well in their respective endeavors.

Jqiang January 12, 2006 at 8:31 am

yea i jus dun understand why they wanna disband.. they seem to be doing quite well. Jus as i got to know them, they disbanded. its such a waste, for such good music. =(

jay October 20, 2005 at 12:07 pm

Great article… i also love DAI´s Music
I m gonna miss them… after their break up, j-music is not the same for me.

Aprilis CANADA October 2, 2005 at 2:43 pm

I first heard of DAI’s music through InuYasha. Actually, I didn’t even know it was their music. On a special grade 12 field trip, the music department decided to take us to the Seattle “music museum”. It was a one day trip from Vancouver (where we’re from) to Seattle and back, so my friend and I decided to make a mix tracklist for the long ride. My friend’s a huge fan of Japanese music, so it was only natural that she included Ayu and DAI. I remember really enjoying DAI’s music. I liked it, but not enough to look up their earlier works or follow their music from there.

Needless to say, I now regret not doing those things. When I heard they were going to release “Do The A-Side”, I thought to myself “does this mean they’re breaking up?” I quickly msn my friend and casually ask her if this album is worth getting. She didn’t mention anything about them breaking up, but she did mention “Do The B-Side”. So at that point I thought maybe it’s just me, maybe I thought too much. When the news was finally out, I just stared at the computer screen. I didn’t know what to say or think or how my friend is taking it. It is truly sad that they choose to break up now, the same day they debut. I guess there’s nothing more to say but to wish all the members the best of luck.

Another amazing article and very informative. It must have been hard for you to complete this article though. And I’m really impressed that you were able to capture your thoughts in words while I know a lot of fans would never been able to do.

Leanne UNITED STATES September 26, 2005 at 11:54 am

I really enjoyed your last paragraph, and just as eyn and Rinoa has said, I can see your loyalty and love for the band. I’m so sorry that your dream of seeing them live will not become a reality (just hope for a reunion tour one of these days). It’s really sad to see that such a great band is leaving the JPop scene forever, and although I wasn’t a huge fan like you, it bothers me that there will never be another “fukai mori”, “under the moon”, or “bokenshatachi”.

As for their solo works, I am unable to see them in any other way other than Do As Infinity, and honestly, I don’t think that Ban-chan has what it takes to reach the level that DAI had on her own. Although I already have Do The Best, I’m really looking forward to Do the A-Side with the DVD. Thank you for such a wonderful article!

eyn CANADA September 25, 2005 at 5:40 pm

I can truely feel your passion and love for the band when I’m reading your article, just as Rinoa has mentioned. Great job on that, your writing skills have improved greatly since your first few articles, I’m proud of you. :)

I’m also sad that they have to break up after so many year of hard work to build up the fame they are having right now. It’s all painful to accept such a truth, but if you look at the bright side, they will be a legend and forever remembered for their beautiful music just like X Japan.

Even if DAI is gone, each member are still making music and instead of dissapearing from the industry. I think we can look forward for the solo works of Ban, for Ryo haha I’m not much a fan of him, but he’s kinda funny judging from the live performances you posted. Nagao Dai is definitely a great composer and I hope he can continue to make more wonderful music for us.

Clover CANADA September 23, 2005 at 11:32 am

woow great article!! Very nicely done ^__^ now I know more about them. Too bad they broke up

Rinoa September 23, 2005 at 11:19 am

I’m really impressed. I can see your dedication and love for DAI from over here. You wrote from your heart. And all your dedication has reflected onto this article. It’s a wonderful article full of emotion.

DAI have produced some of the most soulful music I’ve heard in my life. I don’t think DAI will ever end in reality since each fan and band member will still have Do As Infinity in their hearts forever.