Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/ozh-who-sees-ads/wp_ozh_whoseesads.php on line 627

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/ozh-who-sees-ads/wp_ozh_whoseesads.php on line 628

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php:31) in /home/daisukidayo/blog/wp-content/themes/thesis/lib/functions/launch.php on line 93
Arashi – Love so sweet

Arashi – Love so sweet

by Erika on March 2, 2007 · 45 comments · AddThis

Arashi @ PICT UP
Arashi @ PICT UP vol.4, image courtesy of Arashirin
Love so sweet
Artist: Arashi
Product Code: JACA-5052/5053
Release Date: 2007.02.21
Debut Ranking: #1
First Press: Bonus Track
Label: J-One Records

Arashi’s highly anticipated single “Love so sweet” was released on 21 February 2007, Arashi’s first single of the year. After the debut of their title song “Love so sweet” on the popular dorama “Hana Yori Dango 2” all of Japan anxiously awaited the release of this single.

Arashi is a five member band under Johnny’s Entertainment. The band consists of Ninomiya Kazunari, Sakurai Sho, Aiba Masaki, Matsumoto Jun, and Ohno Satoshi. The group made their debut in 1999 with their song “A-ra-shi” and has continued their success throughout the years.

Love so sweet: A nice introduction to the single. This is a happy peppy song with a nice introduction with piano. It uses an extremely addictive recurring melody. Throughout the song, with the verses, each member has a solo that was excellent and they come back with unison for the chorus. Although the chorus has messy unison at times, overall the vocals are nice. This song bears similarities to its predecessor “Wish”; with a strong instrumental introduction that gets your attention and a chorus that you are bound to remember.

The music video flashes back and forth between the group dancing in a retro background and being mannequins in a store watching a child grow up as he learns how to love in different ways. It’s a very cute video with some funny moments, especially when Nino, Sho and Jun make faces at a toddler. Hilarious.

Rating: ★★★★★

Itsumademo: An upbeat song that’s worth a listen. Although it is a wonderful song in some ways, it did not catch my attention as readily as “Love so sweet” The introduction carries on for a while, thus losing your attention. While listening to the song, it simply becomes repetitive. It is a very average J-pop song.

Rating: ★★★★☆

Fight song: I’m sorry, but someone has to say it: This song is cheesy. I love the energy and all behind this song, but it came out cheesy. Maybe it’s the trumpets, or the cries of pre-fighting “amping”, but this song has completely rubbed me the wrong way. While some of their other songs have managed to make cheesy cool, this song takes the phrase “cheesy-chic” to a whole new dimension leaving the chic behind.

Rating: ★★☆☆☆

Conclusion: Ok, overall, the single was excellent. Arashi songs embody the very standard of J-pop music and I feel that the single really did it justice. Arashi has had a reputation of coming out with songs that are very cute and happy, so Arashi fans will not be disappointed with this single.

Overall Rating: ★★★½☆

Regular CD Edition
Regular CD Edition
First Press Limited Edition
Limited CD+DVD Edition
  1. Love so sweet
  2. Itsumademo
  3. Fight Song

Purchase this item: YesAsia US | YesAsia Global

1. Arashi – One Love In 2008, Arashi had been experiencing a successful year with both a greatly successful single and an album. They released "One Love," their second single of 2008, as the theme to the movie, "Hana Yori Dango Final".......
  2. Arashi – We can make it! Arashi’s latest single We can make it! was released on 2 May 2007, Arashi’s second single of the year and nineteenth single as a group. The single consists of three songs, one of which is featured as the theme song for Matsumoto Jun’s new dorama, Bambino!......
  3. Arashi – Kitto Daijoubu Kitto Daijoubu is Arashi's 16th studio single, and as mentioned earlier, it was highly anticipated, considering it was their first release since November 2005. Two versions of the single was released, a limited edition CD+DVD version, and a regular version. The CD+DVD versions only contained the first two tracks, however came with a DVD of Kitto Daijoubu. The regular version contained all 3 tracks and their karaoke versions.......
  4. Arashi – truth/Kaze no Mukou e Arashi contributed "Truth" as the theme to Ohno's drama Maou and "Kaze no Mukou e" as the theme for NTV's coverage of the Olympics.......
  5. sweet & sugary kitty reggae After the bluesy and boring "CRY NO MORE" and the New Orleans charity single "ALL HANDS TOGETHER", Mika unbraids her hair and lets go of the southern-sounds of Louisiana to float into the relaxing Caribbean with "MY SUGAR CAT". ......

About the author

Erika is a big fan of her boyz Arashi. If you want to talk about Johnny boys, Erika is the girl you should look for. Also-Hana Yori Dango and other similar doramas are also her specialty.

{ 1 trackback }

Performance Major = Professional Ham? « 橋Hashi means Bridge UNITED STATES
December 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm

yenny September 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm

woo que chido video y arashi el mejor grupo musical que e conocido los amo….:D

rabiatul MALAYSIA February 23, 2012 at 3:53 am

love so sweet give so much meaning for me:D

caroline January 30, 2010 at 9:06 pm

hola soy su fans numero 1 y me guata todas sus canciones
sobre todo love so sweet esa es mi faborita
y muy pronto estare en japon i love you arashi y matsumoto jun

wendy May 22, 2009 at 1:42 am

hi nino mo genki dayo ne?
love you arashi
todokanai kedo

flavour of life MALAYSIA January 29, 2009 at 3:37 am

TRUTH by arshi is among their best song. the music n their dance are cool!!

azura November 12, 2008 at 2:55 pm

you all so sweet and hot..wishing the best for you all….

아라시 October 29, 2008 at 11:50 pm

오우 아라시멋있어요

jun matsumoto fan October 24, 2008 at 2:22 pm

i have the whole hana yori dango series and i am just such a big fan of arashi and domyogy ( jun matsumoto ) and sometimes when i see his pictures >>> which is everywhere in my lap <<< i sry LOOOOL
thanks

cristel ann domingo AUSTRALIA August 31, 2008 at 8:17 am

hope will be back the hana yori dango.. coz itz so very nice .. hope i will see the arashi because im one of ther fan.thank you!

F4 GIRL July 26, 2008 at 9:30 pm

wo0ow

ilove arashi and ilove there songs

ilove matsumoto jun

ilike one love song it is really nice

I hope to meet arashi someday..)

me too

-emi- AUSTRALIA May 2, 2008 at 7:18 am

I really love arashi and their song love so sweet.. It is my most favorite song of all, I always listen to it everyday… I hope to meet arashi someday..

^_^

shamayel March 31, 2008 at 12:53 am

hhhhhhhh. i don’t know what to say, but i really like the character & the songs of movie hana yori dango.

Rachel MALAYSIA November 12, 2007 at 3:13 am

They’ve got me hooked on J-pop/drama! :)

rochelle PHILIPPINES October 27, 2007 at 2:17 am

this song is very sweet.I love this song and the arashi band I admire all of them especially their member jun matsumoto.I idolized him when I seen him in his movie hana yori dango.I idolized him and his leading lady Inoue mao.

jhaineth August 9, 2007 at 9:49 am

wow!! its really great… i can relate to the message of the song…. and for me the song “love so sweet” is more better than the first theme of HYD (WISH)

Debz MALTA July 24, 2007 at 2:51 am

This song is REALLY addictive and very sweet, same as the video. I love their songs, they are a really great band.

MIKS July 10, 2007 at 11:04 pm

i also wish that there is HYD season 3.
I hope Tsukasa in season 3 will be more mature. (because i think in season 2 he’s still a little bit childish although he is childless like before).
Howerver, i still love Tsukasa -Matsu Jun so much
IN MANGA, thanks to Tsukushi, we can feel Tsukasa become more mature day by day. At the ended esplodes, i feel Tsukasa is no longer violent, childlike. He is awared of his Doumyouji Corp’s future, (he decided by himself to go NY 4 years and promised to Makino will catch her after 4 yrs). IN DRAMA the thing is not clear, so i expect the mature in season 3 (if the season been made)

(o’h oh, what my English is!!!)

Kybiel VIET NAM June 16, 2007 at 9:27 am

Eito … i’m Kybiel and i’m a fangirl of all JE boys (~^^~) …
Could i ask a question ?
I know Arashi is under J-Storms Record and Kat-tun is under J-One , but J-Storms Record have any relation with JE ? (‘____’) …

Ayane PHILIPPINES June 2, 2007 at 5:13 am

Uhmm. hmmm…
can i ask you all something?
Uhmm.
Where can I buy the album of ARASHI…..!!!!!!
please tell me….
I am totally addicted to their songs,,,,,
I am totally trying to memorize the song…well. even though I don’t speak NIHONGO…
So please I would really appreciate the help…
THANKS

Ayane PHILIPPINES June 2, 2007 at 5:08 am

I really like this song…..
JUN MATSUMOTO is really cool… I really wanted to see him in personal… jejejje
I just wish that there is Hana Yori Dango Season 3… I really hope that I can find a dvd of his new drama…”Bambino”..

MORE POWER TO ARASHI!

maya PHILIPPINES May 18, 2007 at 8:28 am

i love matsumuto jun! i also find the other arashi members cute. love so sweet is a nice single. Arashi’s dance moves are good, i like looking at them again and again and again…. not getting tired of matsujun. i hope that i’ll get to see them in person, or if not all of them, at least matsumoto jun. hehehe…

rin May 12, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Love So Sweet was indeed a very catchy song. I think I got addicted to it on first listen. Itsumademo was a song that grew on me more and more after each listen. I think for fans of Arashi, Fight Song was well-loved and anticipated because it was connected to their variety shows and remind us of many moments in the show that fans enjoyed. When the song is being perform in their concerns, it gives a different feeling because many fans would be shouting along to parts of it and create a high atmosphere. But for non-fans, it might sound weird. ^^

Btw, Arashi is actually under J-Storm Records, not J-One. J-One is under J-Storm and has only kat-tun under it.

egie May 10, 2007 at 3:05 am

i really love matsumoto jun, no wonder many girls love him. for me i didn’t know that he sings but i really like him since i first seen him at gokusen playing the part as sawada shin. i do hope they can visit the philippines because many people especially girls love him.

Sakurako AUSTRALIA May 7, 2007 at 3:43 am

hey! yo! love so sweet i love this song and this video look jun matsumoto! he is cute!!! he makes me feel so crazy!!! and mao inoue i love her eyes for real!

Promise i always watch Hana Yori Dango!!! :-)

Sakurako-

Serena May 5, 2007 at 11:19 am

I personally quite liked itsumademo and may even like it more than Love so Sweet itself! Shocking!
Anyway, I’ll be looking forward to your article on We Can Make It!, Erika!

Erika May 3, 2007 at 3:18 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Just published my next article and I am working on a Hana Yori Dango 2 article and an article for Arashi’s new single We can make it! (the exclamation is part of the title just so you know, not that I’m not excited or anything…)

Hope you keep reading my articles! =^ ^=

maridette PHILIPPINES May 2, 2007 at 1:49 am

matsumuto jun is really great.. ilove your song”love so sweet”..kip it up..love u ol..

se April 29, 2007 at 12:15 pm

“Love so sweet” is really catchy!! The kind that makes you wanna dance. It’s so cute!!
Matsumoto Jun is really the “fan bait” of the group for me!!

samie April 28, 2007 at 5:40 am

ahihi… so this is the title of the song..cool! i didn’t know that matsumoto jun is part of a band and that he sings.. cool!! way, way cool! haha!! your so cool matsumoto jun! i loved it when you played the role of tsukasa! its so real..

Natsumi UNITED STATES April 24, 2007 at 8:37 pm

Hi! Thanks so much for putting up the mp3.. I have been looking for one forever.. Arashi is just one of the best bands in the world. I was wondering if you could also put up a.ra.shi, subarushiki sekai, and um.. la tormenta 2004? Lol.. now that i read that I sound pretty demanding.. but I really understand if you can’t.. I just love them so much haha.. Aiba and Nino are the best :) Thanks so much for doing everything that you already have ^__^

Erika April 22, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Me too.

I’ve got some more articles coming your way…so look out for those!

chalaine April 13, 2007 at 10:31 am

the song Love So Sweet is really cute..! I love Matsumuto Jun..!

KAT-KAT April 11, 2007 at 11:53 pm

I LOV THE SONG LOVE SO SWEET BY ARASHI.ITS SO NICE !!!!!!I’M SO ADDICTED!!!!!!(LOL)

jewel UNITED STATES April 2, 2007 at 11:24 pm

i really like the music video, it was really nice the way they set it up and everything

Rinoa March 24, 2007 at 5:53 pm

At first this song took a while to sink in, since I’m not a fan of boybands. But it really fits the theme of HanaDan. The dancing still makes me cringe but I really love how they managed to create a song which reflects love in a sweet yet comic manner without going to the extent of being too corny.

Anarinda UNITED STATES March 19, 2007 at 4:42 pm

I really like the music as their voices blend well together with the overall tone of the music. Plus that they are very good looking guys is an added bonus. XD

Erika UNITED STATES March 15, 2007 at 7:07 pm

Oh, I forgot to say, but you have to like put that somewhere like into a word document or somewhere, then right click on it, and select Save Target as, or Save link as, whichever you have.

Erika UNITED STATES March 15, 2007 at 7:05 pm

oh…sorry I forgot to put in the links….hey it’s my first article so chill people.

That took a while to find, but there ya go.

Kisa March 11, 2007 at 8:20 pm

Hmm… where can i get the mp3 “love so sweet”? I love it!! I love the starting of the chorus.. really great! ^_^

So chan March 8, 2007 at 8:27 am

This song is really interesting and kind !
Luv it =)

Erika March 6, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Yea…I actually didn’t like Kitto Daijoubu at first…but it grew on me after a while. Fight Song….idk I just thought that it was too cheesy to be cool like Kitto Daijoubu.

Not bad for my first article…ne? jk, you can say it’s awful if you want. I just really wanted to do this project.

Naru UNITED STATES March 4, 2007 at 6:14 pm

“Fight Song” IS cheesy. Weren’t ARASHI fans really looking forward to this song though? Like the perform it at concerts a lot or somethin’…I like the “cheesy-chic” comment though. Kinda makes sense with songs like “Kitto Daijoubu” OMG-soooo cheesy, but it was cool for some reason, like you got it stuck in your head.
I’m not a fan of Johnny’s anything, but I can’t help but like this song after hearing it at LEAST once week from HANDAN2.

Erika UNITED STATES March 4, 2007 at 11:39 am

Psh…heck yea. It pwns. I think it’s the best song off the single.

tejung UNITED STATES March 2, 2007 at 9:57 pm

“Love so sweet” is just too sweet! it’s fantastic! ^_^
In my opinion, it’s even better than WISH which was the theme song for HYD season1~