Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Tokyo Friends The Movie on DVD, 12/13
Page 12 of 32     Previous  1, 2 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32  Next

Tokyo Friends The Movie on DVD, 12/13

zyzzyva
Posted: Jul 15, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Ugh.
Thanks for the update from CDJapan, rainbow12, but I hope that's not the cover.
The 'collage-overview' is quite a boring visual/concept. I would prefer a nice ensemble pic from a photo shoot instead of just 'screen-shots'...
It does seem like this'll be it, tho.
Oh, well.
But really, in the end, it's not like we're buying the CD for the cover art--the music is the important part... Nod

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: Jul 15, 2006 5:43 pm Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Well, movie and drama OST's really aren't know for their pretty covers. xD

eyn
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
Sorry to dissapoint you zyzzyva, but those are indeed the official covers for the OST. Here's a bigger version, taken from the movie official site:

(OST will be released on August 23)

And here's the official cover of the navigation DVD:

(Navigation DVD will be released on July 19)

Honestly, I don't really like the collage idea too, I think it will definitely look better if they used a single photo specially for the cover, probably a stage photo while Sabakan's performing live, or the 4 ladies from the drama having fun at the beach or something like that. Meow

Obviously, the OST is just a mean to make money for those musical tracks already made for the movie. Afterall, why waste those tracks? And for them, making a decent cover might cost them too much money and effort to be cost effective. :<

Lastly, if you decided to purchase these items from YesAsia (the OST has first press), don't forget to use the associate link. Thanks! Pleased

yukarichan
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
The collage idea is okay, but a bit too plain. >.<
The font used for "music collection" does not look nice. No

kazfz
Posted: Jul 18, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 24 Apr 2006 Posts: 854 Location: in my own world ^_^
hmmm it isnt that bad to me..... i prefer the OSt cover alot more den the navigation movie [ or whatever is that lol ].....that a totally failure for photoshoots... its bad =(

zyzzyva
Posted: Jul 19, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
eyn wrote:
Sorry to dissapoint you zyzzyva, but those are indeed the official covers for the OST.
noooooo...! Wink Giggle
Thanks eyn for the larger cover pics.

I do get the reasons behind choosing this for the cover.
However, while not wanting to sound mean to all here (which definitely includes me), but the cover looks like something a fan would do when making his own cover for a burned copy of the movie. No Embarassed
It certainly makes a lot of sense as a choice (just cut-and-paste, no extra photoshoots [=time + $$]), and it is also nice to have tiny previews of the goings on in the movie. I just expected a little more on their part.

kazfz wrote:
i prefer the OSt cover alot more den the navigation movie .....that a totally failure for photoshoots... its bad =(
I can understand your dislike, kazfz, but for me, it was always a 'non-issue'.
Sure, it's quite didactic, in its inlcusion for each girl some item/s to convey her 'thing' in the story (i.e. Rei + guitar + sheet music = musician, Ryoko + bouquet of white flowers = bride, etc.). Kinda numbs the brain, but is harmless considering the whole purpose of the DVD itself is to re-cap the series to prepare people for the movie.
I thought the cover totally served its purpose, though, upon first seeing it, I was surprised by the very girlish overtones compared to the cover work of the original DVD set.... Despite centering around the stories of four women, I always thought the series was more gender-neutral as far as watchability and enjoyment went... Confused

Sorry, eyn, but for the first time since the instatement of the associate link, I used CDJapan for this OST. Embarassed Crying I came down with a severe case of First-Press Anxiety and couldn't stand waiting anymore for YesAsia to put it up. Of course, now I'm cursing myself because YesAsia (per usual) is much cheaper what with CDJ's ridiculous shipping issues... Mad argh!
Oh, well. Probably never again. I Love YesAsia!

Despite all the above, I'm still very much looking forward to the OST. As I've said before, I can't wait to get my hands on a full copy of Chotto--which I still think should be called "Chotto Dake", but that's just me... Embarassed Love

Aprilis.
Posted: Jul 19, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Not that a collage idea is bad, is the way they went about doing it.

The way they have it set up, with the four bars of collage at the top and bottom, it's as if they're forced it there so it wouldn't be just a white cover.
IMO, they should left the cover white with just the four pictures of Sakaban in the centre. Or, they should made one giant collage that cover the entire cover and make it see-through.

Now that I'm looking at the negavation DVD, I don't really like the cover either. They're too hard to force/hint the message of the movie and the characteristic of the girls.

yukarichan
Posted: Jul 19, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
zyzzyva wrote:
However, while not wanting to sound mean to all here (which definitely includes me), but the cover looks like something a fan would do when making his own cover for a burned copy of the movie. No Embarassed
It certainly makes a lot of sense as a choice (just cut-and-paste, no extra photoshoots [=time + $$]), and it is also nice to have tiny previews of the goings on in the movie. I just expected a little more on their part.

I agree all the wayy.
The collage idea isnt bad,but the way they did the collage is simply bad.(not to be mean) No
It's so plain. Makes me feel like I dont want to buy. They should have "spiced" it up a bit.

eyn
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
The official movie site has been updated with latest trailer and more information about the movie, so head over now and check out the new "about The Movie" section. Smile

I also ripped the trailer and images used on the site, which you can now find in the gallery. Here's some of them:

And here's the ripped movie trailer: Download (5.09mb .asf) *hey, it's 5 09!* Lion

The quality of the trailer isn't very good, they should have used QuickTime like those Hollywood trailers! Shifty Anyway, the trailer is about 2 minutes long, so it's pretty awesome. Ai-chin look really good in the trailer, especially the scene where Sabakan's performing live, it really reminds me of her JAM PUNCH Tour concert! Love The only thing to hate about this trailer, despite the quality, gotta be the kissing scene of Ai-chin with Eita! Mad

Let's form an anti-Eita club here! :0 Eita, you're going down! Evil

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Surprised Thanks so much for that eyn!!! It's too awesome!!! Love

I love the bit at ~1:28 where she is annoyed at Ryuji, she is such a good actress!!! I really want to see those lives as well!!!

And yes, anti-Eita club!! I love the idea!!

yukarichan
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Thanks for the trailer, eyn!!
I cant wait to watch the trailer!! Boogie

yangirl
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
cool^^ thanks eyn
ai-chin looks so cute^^ gosh, love ai-chin so much. And hey, look like her acting skill's better than in the drama^^

In the News Section there's schedule of ai-chin coming up TV Performances^^ I'm looking forward to see those^^ I can only recognize the ones on CDTV and Heyx3 Tongue

Celsius005
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
Oh wow thanks for the trailer, I was wondering about it several days ago actually....heh
Yeah 5: 09, what a coincidience! ^_^ Aww Ai looks so pretty!!!! Love

But............
eyn wrote:
The only thing to hate about this trailer, despite the quality, gotta be the kissing scene of Ai-chin with Eita! Mad

Let's form an anti-Eita club here! :0 Eita, you're going down! Evil
Wow I wasn't the only person upset about it after all! Ever since I heard about the kissing scene with Eita, I always felt kind of bitter about the whole thing, but I was too embarassed to say anything about it since I would be getting really defensive for no reason. I'm not even jealous, yet I feel bitter. Shifty
I bet the guy feels really lucky, huh?
Well enjoy it while you can because the anti-Eita club will lead you to your doom!! Evil

XD That was fun, but I probably won't take part in it. Tongue Maybe...

Aprilis.
Posted: Jul 22, 2006 2:58 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
I'm really want to see how Hirono's story develops. From the trailer, it looks like she is no longer a part of the 'White Tights'. What's more, it looks like they were performing Romeo and Juilet!

It looks like they're remaking the last part of the dorama: the wedding, the plane tickets. It's so weird seeing a different version of it! Waaah... why can't they have took those parts from the dorama and just do it as a flashback while Rei is on the plane or something Meow

Anti-Eita club eh? Hmm I don't know. Those scenes looked very sweet.

evolution
Posted: Jul 22, 2006 4:23 am Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
she's definitely getting better at acting and the movie seems to have a happy ending... with all the wedding and concert taking place.. but then i wonder would ryuji come back and join survival company since he do not hvae a band.. is ryuji=eita?

Page 12 of 32     Previous  1, 2 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32  Next