Page 13 of 32     Previous  1, 2 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32  Next

Tokyo Friends The Movie on DVD, 12/13

zyzzyva
Posted: Jul 22, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Thanks so much for this, eyn! Boogie
{Everyone looks more mature--how many years passed between filming...?}
Aprilis. wrote:
It looks like they're remaking the last part of the dorama: the wedding, the plane tickets. It's so weird seeing a different version of it! Waaah... why can't they have took those parts from the dorama and just do it as a flashback while Rei is on the plane or something Meow
I was surprised too, Aprillis., when I saw those sequences.
When I think about it though, since the series was only available as the DVD set, the inclusion makes sense. As much as avex would probably like to force everyone to buy the DVD set and/or the Navigation DVD, they can't. So how not to make people completely lost when watching the movie?... Confused
I do like your idea of the flashback during the plane trip--simplest tried-and-true way of inserting previous footage--but I think a little distasteful to viewers coming to the movie fresh... No

I'm so excited about the movie! Boogie
Of course it'll be a while until most of us will be able to see it in any shape or form... Catfish Crying

I don't wish to complain about too much Ai ('cause there's no such thing Giggle ), but I hope there's another trailer to come out soon with a more even focus across the four girls. I'd like to see a little of what's in store for them (eventhough she wasn't really my favorite, there's barely any info on Maki).

Again, so much hate for poor Ryuuji/Eita! No Laughing
Beware the green-eyed monster, Channel-Ai Males...
I, personally, think he's cute and a nice match-up for Ai (*really*, folks, would you be happier with *anybody*?...)--sweet and kinda goofy [tho Ryuuji's always been a bit on the cocky side... Shifty ].
And I don't care what anyone says, I love his hair. Love

Rei
Posted: Jul 22, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
さくらんぼ さくらんぼ
I can't believe you guys wanna form an anti-Eita club, I love him in Tokyo Friends!! Love Blank stare

I think the trailer is awsome, I even start crying while watching it. I wanna see the movie so bad XD

And I don't think the covers for the movie thing or the soundtrack is ugly or wrong at all, actually, I think both of them are perfect. I don't dislike the fonts either.

I also love the cover for the Yumekui single and the PV is so cute!!

Now, I'm not saying this to argue or anything, it's just my opinion so don't flame me Laughing I just love Otsuka Ai and everything about her, and everything around her. She sends out the most wonderful message with her image and passion for music, that's why she's one of my alltime most favourite artists, and she will always be at the top Love

kazfz
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 9:42 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 24 Apr 2006 Posts: 854 Location: in my own world ^_^
Is eita that guy ? if it is, i dont like him much either LOL.... i dont think he suit Ai otsuka in TOkyo friends, comes to me as a total shocked too LOL

thilouzzzy
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 3:52 am Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
Can't wait to see the movie!!
They all seem very good & yeah I agree Ai's acting has improved but I don't agree with people who wanna make an AntiEita cuz I love him so especially in Tokyo Friends!!They look so cute together!!

Onyx Spears
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 4:19 am Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
Ai-chan looks more beautiful than in the drama, her acting skill must improved a lot as well.
The OST cover is cool, I think it's better than the DVD cover.
Downloading the trailer, can't wait to see the perfomance in it, a kissing scene is fine with me, it's ok.

Thanks for post eyn.

Flowrs
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 1:11 am Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
OMGOSH! im so happy to see this coming =] im sooooooo excited about this... soo im wondering if anyone is going to put it on torrents or something.. because i'm all the way in Canada, so i dont know if i can find this or else i would buy it <3 anwyayss i hope we all get to see this =D

zyzzyva
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
I only just got a chance to peruse the extensive addition to the Tokyo Friends Movie section of the Gallery.
While the first things to come to mind were, of course,
Wow, Thank you, eyn!, and Why can't the movie be out and subtitled already?!,
immediately after was:
Shocked Surprised Mad
WHAT DID THEY DO TO RYOKO'S HAIR?!!
I was hoping I was just seeing things when I watched the trailer, but, alas, it seems not so.
I understand that everyone's look is a bit updated for the movie (plus a considerable amount of time has passed between filming the series and this). [Rei/Ai's hair has certainly changed--but it still looks good... *pout*]
However, Ryoko looks like a bucket of water was emptied over her head and she just let her hair dry as is. <Totally out of character!> No
I *loved* her hair in the series. Crying
Argh.

Well, I guess here's hopin' the photos are from a scene following a standing-in-the-rain scene (always popular in dramas and chick-flicks... *hopeful*).

Embarassed Sorry to go all girly and superficial, guys... I was just so surprised... Besides Rei (of course), Ryoko is my favorite character...

weirdoll
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
I'm actually looking forward to the single becos we can finally then hear the fll version of tears. i think tt track rocks.

Aprilis.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Maybe they're trying to get rid of her OL look. This new hairstyle seems more fitting for a bar owner's wife.

zyzzyva
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Aprilis. wrote:
Maybe they're trying to get rid of her OL look. This new hairstyle seems more fitting for a bar owner's wife.
<grudgingly agrees Wink >
That does make sense...
She was very 'professional looking' in the series and an OL doesn't have much of a place working at a bar (instead of drinking in one Giggle ).
*pout*
Well, I can still cling to the hope that the hairstyle only looks extraordinarily bad in that Gallery shot I linked to in my previous post. I re-watched the trailer and her hair, while still wavy, didn't look quite as stringy Wink Giggle .

I suppose, in the end, I must chalk it up to the fact that I'm used to the characters looking a certain way (i.e. exactly as they appeared in the series).
The movie brings not only more story [hopefully more--those re-shot sequences you mentioned earlier, Aprillis., make me a bit wary Shifty ], but with it, more character development. Things as small as hairstyles are bound to change (hey, look at our lovely Ai!)....
I was just surprised at the choice made for Ryoko, when everyone else looks pretty much the same as they did in the series... Confused Love

tejung
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
lol.it's funny how I just noticed this news. I was confused when I saw the release of the soundtrack with Ai featuring the cover...

Now i understand what's going on ......lol.thanks for the news!

xx--SwTBny--xx
Posted: Jul 26, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
i really want to watch the movie.thank you eyn for the news. Love

Last edited by xx--SwTBny--xx on Jul 27, 2006 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celsius005
Posted: Jul 26, 2006 6:50 am Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
I have posted the translated Tokyo Friends Character Profiles, and they can be viewed via the link.
I properly credited those who were involved in there as well. I thank those people! Love

I feel so awkward now because I'm probably the only person here who is completely clueless about Tokyo Friends, and I am 99% sure that there are errors in my profiles. Shifty
Any errors will be corrected, so feel free to point out anything that doesn't seem right.

These profiles don't seem to contain any spoilers, they're very short and don't include much. :>

kazfz
Posted: Jul 26, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 24 Apr 2006 Posts: 854 Location: in my own world ^_^
LOL its kinda ok not to even watch Tokyo friends [ as long as you know who are they and how it ended, continue watching the moive is fine ], i say that since the Drama didnt even talk much, i think they have poor development for each characters.

Anyway i think the movie is gonna be alot better than the drama [ somehow i keep forgetting what happen in tokyo friends ].... i think i saw shouji [ hmm that Nana "Hachi "'s boyfriend in the Movie ' NANA' ? ] that pissed me off a lil lol [ the hateness for shouji

eyn
Posted: Jul 26, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
Some more updates about the movie, but they are not that new actually. Yahoo! Japan has a special section dedicated to "Tokyo Friends The Movie", which you can find here. There are some really nice pictures in their gallery section, which I already mirrored to Channel-Ai gallery:

There's also a high quality trailer (around 47 seconds long) available for streaming, I've ripped that out and here's the download for the 1M version:

Download (5.45mb .wmv)

btw, thanks for the translation Celsius005, if you want you can download and watch the full Tokyo Friends dorama from the Ai's Download forum.

Page 13 of 32     Previous  1, 2 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32  Next