Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28
Page 7 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27  Next

Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28

Rinoa
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 1:16 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
They're twisted . Kumi has only released an album since her best compilation. Guess the only way they can keep her in the spotlight is by these gimmicks.

orange_ka
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
I still think the way avex promote kumi is kinda weird, she's been releasing too much and too fast for another best album. I was kinda shocked when I saw the news too, I was like "another best???" Confused

wailing
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
News about the first press of this best album! Check it out from Rumin's blog! Wink

zyzzyva
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 7:34 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Thanks for the heads up, wailing!
I like your new avatar! Love

According to Rumin's blog, the First Press 'Special Packaging' for Ai am Best!! is a blister package (a plastic, vacuum formed clamshell casing). He guesses that it'd be this type -- the kind that stands up and one can open and reclose.

More exciting is what Rumin reports to be the First Press Bonus: an 'Ai' hanko! Shocked
A hanko is a stamp, carved with a person's name (in kanji), that is used as a signature for official documents in Japan. Often referred to in English as a 'seal' or a 'chop,' they are also used in China and Korea. Nowaday, there are all kinds of different hanko, pretty and modern designs too. Here's a really good blog entry about hanko and their use in Japan (an informal critique, even...).

I hope that this is true.
This bonus makes sense of the deliberate use of Ai's signature (the kanji for 'Ai' [love] in a circle) as a graphic symbol in the title of the album:

Well, I guess we just have to wait and see if this is confirmed...
hope hope hope... Giggle

Kingyo-Hanabi92
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
I would have so wanted this and sifow's new single, but because Kuu releases a single, a best album and a live DVD, I won't be getting anything else.. >.<

caffeinated
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
zyzzyva wrote:
More exciting is what Rumin reports to be the First Press Bonus: an 'Ai' hanko! Shocked

I hope that's true!! It would be so cool to have something like that. <333 Can't wait to see the details of this album confirmed. x3

Jester
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Yeah, the hanko idea seems really fitting. I hope it's true too; that'd be a pretty neat piece of merchandise.

xx--SwTBny--xx
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
orange_ka wrote:
I still think the way avex promote kumi is kinda weird, she's been releasing too much and too fast for another best album. I was kinda shocked when I saw the news too, I was like "another best???" Confused

I agree i think Koda Kumi is a lil weird...I thought at the start she was ok but maybe she's really a lil weird

Mansley
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 868 Location: Los Angeles, California
hanko is probably true. i think i saw this on cd japan's japanese site too. (neowing)
anyway it seems like a pretty cool thing to have, so yeah...cool!

madgirlslovesong
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
That's really a pretty unique item to have. Awesome! Thanks for the news you guys! Love

tsukiko
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
Wow, the hanko is really alluring me to buy this album! Won't it be cool to go around stamping on your papers with that hanko?? The packaging sounds good too. So it's all value for money, although the price is still a little steep for me Sad

.::carlito::.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Joined: 14 Oct 2006 Posts: 3609 Location: Melbourne, Australia
To be honest, what exactly is a hanko? Shocked But I bet it will motivate more people to buy this album! Thanks for the news!

caffeinated
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
.::carlito::. wrote:
To be honest, what exactly is a hanko? Shocked But I bet it will motivate more people to buy this album! Thanks for the news!

zyzzyva explained it here earlier. Smile

zyzzyva wrote:
A hanko is a stamp, carved with a person's name (in kanji), that is used as a signature for official documents in Japan. Often referred to in English as a 'seal' or a 'chop,' they are also used in China and Korea. Nowaday, there are all kinds of different hanko, pretty and modern designs too. Here's a really good blog entry about hanko and their use in Japan (an informal critique, even...).

Tatsuka Ito
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
as everyones said (sorry, i was too busy doing stuff to even notice this thread, i was like "hmm, why is there an 愛 am BEST sticky yet?") Freinger, ユメクイ And 恋愛写真 Should be on here (while some other things should be taken off)

On the hanko system....
It has its flaws but i like it. Instead of just last name, cane first name be put on too?

madgirlslovesong
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
I just had a thought about the whole hanko deal. Won't this possibly cause a rise in fake autographs in auctions? If everyone who buys first press of her album gets her signature, they could easily stamp photos and stuff and sell them online as authentic autographs. Who knows, though. Maybe the hanko will be of something other than her signature, like Love-chan! That would be cute!

Page 7 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27  Next