Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28
Page 8 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27  Next

Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28

caffeinated
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
madgirlslovesong wrote:
I just had a thought about the whole hanko deal. Won't this possibly cause a rise in fake autographs in auctions?

I was wondering about that too; but I guess the hanko will be special and if the signature matches the hanko, it's obviously fake. I'm sure if Aichin has her own hanko, it'll be different than the one given out as first press.

Tatsuka Ito
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
madgirlslovesong wrote:
I just had a thought about the whole hanko deal. Won't this possibly cause a rise in fake autographs in auctions?

well, it should be pretty obvious whats real and whats not. its simple: stamp vs signature.

Ai would have her own hanko, but it would say 大塚 and is prolly all official looking.

zyzzyva
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
A recording artist would not use his hanko to autograph an item.
The hanko is used for official business documents.

A person usually has two hanko, one for more or less inconsequential things (i.e. initialing memos at work, simple receipts, etc.) and another for more serious business (i.e. banking, etc.).

The basic type (mitomein) can be rather informal (sometimes even self-inking) and if one's name is a common one, can be bought cheap as they are mass-produced (kinda like 'personalized' items here: mini lisence plates, mugs, pins, etc...).

The more important type (ginkoin) must be a sturdier material (bamboo or some kind of stone or synthetic equivalent--no rubber) and controls your banking transactions. When you open your account, the bank takes an imprint of this hanko for its records and checks later transactions against this for verification.

There is a third level of hanko called jitsuin, which is a very formal, registered hanko used for legal documents (i.e. buying real estate or cars, court papers, etc.). Due to the serious nature of the uses, some even store it in a safe deposit box. This hanko has precise specifications for diameter and such and can only be made out of certain materials. This hanko is registered at a city office and a registered seal card is then issued.
To answer your question earlier, Tatsuka Ito, a jitsuin usually holds the owner's full name, first and last (unlike the above two kinds).
The name must match exactly all legal documents of the individual (birth certificate for native Japanese or Foreign Resident Registry for foreigners). This is almost always Katakana for foreign names--kanji translations of foreign names are not accepted for this.

I would expect the First Press Ai hanko we'd get would be one like this:

Self-Inking stamp kind (mitomein), but pink maybe? Love
Or perhaps gold, since the title given has been that tone...? [ ]

The design (愛 in a circle) will not be the same as Ai's real hanko. She may have a mitomein like it, but she certainly wouldn't be giving out thousands of copies of her banking signature. No The most one could try to do with the First Press one would be a sorry attempt to sign for a package for Ai. Laughing
Think of this bonus as more of a stamp than an actual hanko. Nod Love

madgirlslovesong
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Thanks for all of the extra info about the hanko system, zyzzyva! That really clearns a lot of stuff up. Nod

I was thinking on a much larger scale. A little self-inking hanko would be cute! (And makes the most sense.)

arone
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 2:21 am Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
yeah~~that's a good news!!
we can listen to ai's all good songs in one disc~! Love
there are PV too~~wow!!!how can i refuse to buy it!!!!! Boogie Boogie Boogie

effex
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
haha, so cute! Ai am best, hella cute. anyways, that is a really good collection, but i wish that she would release another full length original album instead Sad

orange_ka
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
now the first press sounds really interesting, thanks for the explanation. I'm hoping I can get the first press....but then I wanted to get the oversea version, which might not have the first press item. hmm... Confused

Tatsuka Ito
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
zyzzyva wrote:
To answer your question earlier, Tatsuka Ito, a jitsuin usually holds the owner's full name, first and last (unlike the above two kinds).
The name must match exactly all legal documents of the individual (birth certificate for native Japanese or Foreign Resident Registry for foreigners). This is almost always Katakana for foreign names--kanji translations of foreign names are not accepted for this.

if i do live in japan in the future as i hope, i will change my name to 巌谷 凛

zyzzyva
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
^
If that's what you truly wish to do, just be sure to change it legally before applying for visas and everything. I don't foresee any further issues, yet the records of the name change might be eyed with some suspicion during the approval process. Best to change your name and live with it for some time before immigrating.

You can always get hanko carved with whatever you wish for informal use. I have several of these in addition to my 'official' ones. They're very beautiful and I use them for some of my art pieces.

May I ask your reasons behind the kanji you chose? Do you just like the meanings, or do the readings also mimic your birth name?

Ha-Ha-Haru!
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
When you apply for Japanese citizenship, there at that time can you change your name as well (Either katakana, kanji, or hiragana). If you change your name before entering Japan, you may have your name show up as katakana for quite some time on legal things.

yukarichan
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
thanks for all the additional info, zyzzyva!!!

well, I'm really wondering about the cover for this! Giggle

Jester
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
yukarichan wrote:
well, I'm really wondering about the cover for this! Giggle

Yeah, the same thought just occurred to me when I accidentally double-clicked the thread name instead of the page number and was automatically taken to the first page. I just realized that, hey, the title isn't up yet! I really hope it's not just a sad excuse for a collage or some rehash like that; I want something fresh, new, and thoroughly Ai-chin!

orange_ka
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
I'm curious about the cover too! Boogie I hope it would be released soon~

yukarichan
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Jester wrote:
a collage or some rehash like that; I want something fresh, new, and thoroughly Ai-chin!

Oh please don't let it be a collage of pics like the Tokyo Friends Movie Soundtrack!
I hope it'll look nice&pretty. Giggle

Tatsuka Ito
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Ha-Ha-Haru! wrote:
When you apply for Japanese citizenship, there at that time can you change your name as well (Either katakana, kanji, or hiragana). If you change your name before entering Japan, you may have your name show up as katakana for quite some time on legal things.

phew! good, my plan is to change my name after recieving permanenet residence status, of course i ll inform all the proper authorities, the biggest tip ive gotten is "make sure there are no holes" basically, i have to do everything right so that japanese government doesnt go "Wait a second! this ソ Looks like ン! That means you have to start from scratch, again.ご機嫌よ!"

Page 8 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27  Next