Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's Diary
Page 5 of 19     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19  Next

Ai's Diary

Mansley
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 868 Location: Los Angeles, California
failure? if all her other songs came to mind in her sleep i would not consider them failures. anyway this was indeed good for laughs. my first time really being on this thread and i am really glad to see this translation here. thank you very much!

Jester
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Haha, that's pretty funny. I used to actual do something similar with my dreams. I kept something commonly called a dream journal. You know how sometimes you have an amazing dream but you can't remember any details a few minutes after waking up; well you can solve that by quickly writing down some quick facts about the dreams even words to just jog you memory will help, it was pretty fun but when I hit university I woke up in a mood not suitable for writing in a dream journal.

Thanks for the translation Celsius005.

Mansley
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 868 Location: Los Angeles, California
that is surprising. how do you write legibly at that hour? oh wait i am at a university...i guess this is what you meant about university waking up and not being suitable for writing.

tejung
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
don;'t steal Ai's shampoo!!!! lol....

tsumetai.ame
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
I'm glad Ai has lots of fun things to say, I can't say each translation hasn't been very fun to read. Thanks for the translations, too, cause Ai always has so much to say, so many sentences I don't see often that reading the translation helps me see how the sentences are formed.

yukarichan
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
ROFL. Laughing

She's so funny!
"What the heck is this?!" Laughing

*we've got a shampoo stealer!*

mangomalte
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
haha, i love when you have those crazy dreams. things that aren't particular impressive can turn out to be the most fantastic you've seen in your whole life. Laughing and weird stuff seems completely normal.

it's fun to read about things that happens to her in her daily life. *runs off to the beginning of the thread* Wink

Celsius005
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
This is the final entry prior to her New Year's one (which, of course, has yet to be translated..Shifty Wink).
The theme this time is very much like those of her musings. She's once again written something reflexive, giving us the opportunity to know more about her. ŅBien? Claro que sŪ. Love

師走。
DATE: 2006/12/05(Tue) 16:32 No.58

つい最近、ツリーの下を歩いた。
からっとする冬の空気と、ツリーのイルミネーションが相性がよくて、ロマンチックだった。
心が洗われて、思うことがなんとなく。

知らないことが多い青春時代は、ただまっすぐ走り、興味を抱き、試し、失敗しても、ď未成年Ēということに甘えられた。

幼い頃の嫌な感じと、今の嫌な感じは対して変わらない。
どうでもいいことをからかわれたり、知らないことを勝手に噂にされたり、イメージだけが一人歩きをしたり。出る釘は打たれたり。
子どもも大人も変わらない。
でも、手にいれるいい感じは、大人になって変わった。
お年玉が、年齢とともに増えていったように、できることが増えたし、つかんだ経験故に、ひとまわり大きくもなった。
そのぶん落とし穴もある。小さいことを見落としがちになる。

毎年、ツリーのイルミネーションを見て綺麗だなぁって思えること。
隣に誰がいるかで、全然違うツリーになる。(キラキラ度)
小さいことってそうゆうことじゃないかなぁ。
目には見えない、空気の色。

頭に流れる歌。

明日、生きたくなくても、歌をなんとなく歌って3日生きれる。

明太子少しでご飯3杯食べれるように。

Decemberís End
DATE: 2006/12/05(Tue) 16:32 No.58

Recently Iíve walked beneath trees.
With winterís brisk changes blended in the treeís illumination, the experience was nothing short of romantic.
And with my heart added to the mix, my thoughts have scrambled.

Starting from the era of youthful naÔvetť I stepped forward, developing interests, trying, making mistakes, and having lived with being ďnot of age.Ē

There isnít a difference between the bad feelings Iíve had as a child and those I have now.
Iíve dealt with things that donít matter, gossiped about things I donít know, and have walked it alone.
Iíve hit the nail.
Children and adults donít change.
But the level of satisfaction you take into your own hands changes as an adult.
Just as the otoshidama[*] increases with age, the responsibilities do as well, increasing experience, thus requiring you to take a longer turn.
Thereís also the occasional pitfall. Small things are left unnoticed.

I look at the treeís illumination every year and admire its beauty.
And with someone by your side, that tree becomes an entirely different one. (in terms of glitter)
I wonder if thatís the ďsmall thing.Ē
The color we canít see with the naked eye--the ambiance.

A song that runs in your mindÖ

Tomorrow, regardless of the will the live, that song will sing, and thatíll be 3 more days.

Helping yourself to 3 more servings.

[*] pocket money given to children on New Year's that primarily increases with the age of the child; usually amounts to a lot Wink

Last edited by Celsius005 on Jan 30, 2007 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

yukarichan
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Wowo thanks for translating!

She sonds so...I dunno..."poetic"? <--sorry im not good with describing things...
None of her writings are chunky.

If I wrote like her...I'd get an A+++ in English!

Ha-Ha-Haru!
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
出る釘は打たれたり is a common phrase that means "The nail which sticks out gets hammered down." It's used to mean that society tends to pick on those who are unique.

Shinji
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
さくらんぼ さくらんぼ
i'd like to be sure Ai-chan really write these thoughts by herself, some are really poetic and touching...and the translator is poetic too!! doumo arigatou for your helpfulness and care Nod

LVXS
Posted: Feb 04, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
wow what a beautiful post and translation!!
thanks celsius...

it's so funny cause i think what Ai wrote about there... it hit me right on the spot... it was something i needed to hear right at this moment haha

and it gives me courage...

hahah i really needed to read that haha

thanks again!!!

i'd love to go outside and admire nature right now.. but it's so cold T_T... maybe on a warmer day!

Celsius005
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
The long-awaited New Year's entry! Boogie She reflects and looks back upon many of the things she's done up 'til then. Let's see what she has to say at 2006's dusk--The dawn of 2007!! Kingyo Hanabi

Thank You, 2006!
DATE: 2006/12/31(Sun) 00:50 No.59

Itís New Yearís Eve, Otsuka-san.
Itís good to look back once in a while.
The things I need..the people whoíve supported me. Itís heartrending.

It hasnít been long since I cut my hair short and Iím still not used to it. I look at myself in the mirror thinking, Hmm it doesnít look good on me.
With that said, I notice my Planetarium PV running on TV and I think, How nostalgic!! My hairís short!! I look young!!
When you think about the past, the old days really catch up to you.
I now know that I like my medium-length hair best.

With my throatís war waged in April, we drink and celebrate enough to make up for it all.
At the very end, our drummer Koota-san became drunk and handed us rounds of tequila.
To my right are the other staff members, knocked out from the drinks I forced upon them.
We also had our usual bowling match--A flurry of mind games.
I lose control of myself, just like when I sing ďHanetamaĒ.

Ah, such happy momentsÖThose lazy, lukewarm summer evenings..A barbecue on the rooftop..
To swallow it all down made me so happy. All of this was followed by a hose spraying water all over the place. We were all soaking wet. ÖA mystery.

I think about my gift from God in September; I sang for everyone.
It was a luxury to have so many people bless me on my birthday,
And then to come home to see my room covered in presents.

I sing ďReníai ShashinĒ and have one last rally to safely conclude the year.
Next year, I donít have the time to be sucking my thumb, so Iíll kick myself in the butt and give it all Iíve got.
Letís all together do our best.

Letís do our best. Weíll do it.

Jester
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Ai-chin wrote:
I now know that I like my medium-length hair best.

That's good news for me because that's the hair that I think looks best on her as well!

Thanks for the translations Celsius005. The older one is really though provoking and I'm sure it carries a lot of deep significance that mere fans wouldn't see. The eve entry is awesome; I'm actually really content with the idea of Ai-chin and her band getting a little tipsy from alcohol, haha! It's also good to hear that she's going to keep herself busy, that means more for us to listen too and talk about. Awesome. Pleased

yukarichan
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Thanks for another great translation Celsius005!

Ai must have had a great time! Grin

Page 5 of 19     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19  Next