Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28
Page 9 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27  Next

Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28

Rokit
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
I am not sure how official Amazon is, although they have posted a cover for "Ai am Best." It looks too bland to be a cover.... I hope it's just temporary.

zyzzyva
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Hmmm... Blank stare

Well, that certainly *would* go with the whole hanko focus...
But I agree.
If they want to go so simple and clean I hope they'll punctuate it with a few high notes of cute/color... Minimal is *always* more difficult to pull off than 'busy'... Nod
I think I have to hold off on final judgment until the whole package is revealed (if this is indeed the cover...).

Thanks for the heads up, tho, Rokit! Love

caffeinated
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
The red seems a bit harsh and too... "pure" of a hue. Aichin seem to like simple covers lately though, eg. ~LOVE IS BORN~ DVD had a pretty bland cover. >_>

zyzzyva
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
^
I know what you mean about the harsh quality, but traditionally, red *is* the ink color used for hanko.

Plus, red-on-white is a very common Japanese color combination -- think of the Japanese flag and its rising sun, the small patch of red feathers on the head of a white crane, the red lips against the white make-up of the geisha's face, even the juicy strawberry on a slice of whipped cream-frosted shortcake. Love
*ETA: I forgot all about Kouhaku!

The more I think about it, the more I like it!

I think if this is the cover, we should try to view it as 'striking' instead of simple or bland (that term we can reserve for the LOVE is Born DVD, in my opinion... No ).
Considering the range of styles represented by the different singles and their respective PVs, an over-arching simplicity that doesn't compete with the focus-material seems the best (ha!) option. Nod This is like an elegant wrapping paper, 'sealed' (/stamped) by Ai, surrounding a colorful collection.
Like I said, the rest of the design will really determine the whole feel of the album.
Stay positive! Love

Last edited by zyzzyva on Feb 02, 2007 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jester
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Thansk for the update Rokit. I'm going to have to agree with zyzzyva on this one. I have a strong feeling that this is the real cover because it ties in really well with the whole hanko theme, but I really wouldn't mind either way. I have confidence that the package as a whole (CDs, books, and cover) will be a nice set, regardless of whether or not the cover changes.

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Nice simple cover. Eye-catching and it stands out. Red on white looks better on paper than digitally..... I have to say I like it.

pon pon
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Posts: 1011 Location: Melbourne, Australia
looks like the real deal. cdjapan has also removed its temporary cover and put this one up as well.

i like it. i think striking is good. this could be a new trend in covers. or photo-based covers may still be used for studio albums. the next release should confirm.

yukarichan
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Well, on Ai's it still say "Printing"...
so who knows...but the cover posted on amazon&cdjapan isn't that bad.
It's written so cute!

Mansley
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 868 Location: Los Angeles, California
thank you for the news rokit!
i'm not entirely pleased with the cover but i sort of am not too surprised with it either. i guess i'll just have to hold judgement until i see the entire thing...

Rinoa
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Ugly cover. Cannot believe avex's getting so cheap for a best compilation.

Aprilis.
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
I don't like it, too simple for a Best album. But after reading zyzzyva's remarks about it, I get why they'll use this as a cover. But still, I don't like it.

madgirlslovesong
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 5:15 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Surprised

I'm not sure how I feel about this cover. It doesn't seem quite special enough, though zyzzyva's comments make me feel better than I did when I initially looked at it. It does make it look all official and such, but not that special. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I was kind of hoping for some special covers, though. Limited edition, different poses... kind of like with LOVE COOK.

wailing
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
Thanks Rokit for the news! However, I find a picture from HMV's website. It is said that the cover is coming soon... Surprised

asongforxx
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
I'm pretty sure that the red and white rumored cover isn't the real cover. Ai-chan's covers are always amazing. Without an exception!

j-ongaku
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
Did anyone think this could just be part of the cover. Something like both the Photobook/Picturebook came in. The actual CD cover could be different but wont know until its release. I already preordered for the first press stuff so I am happy with it either way although I would like a picture.

Page 9 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27  Next