Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28
Page 13 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26, 27  Next

Ai's BEST album - "Ai am BEST" release 3/28

mystique
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if Avex wants Ai to sell well at all. I mean, obviously they want to make money, but maybe they're counting too much on Ai's popularity and her fans?

ai_fan929
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
runawayschi wrote:
I'm not sure what ayu or koda kumi had did before.
so i couldn't compare between ai release and theirs.
but i was maybe hoping for a few remakes of certain songs?
at least this would allow ai to make it more appealing to fans who already had the tracks listed(bought).
this would also allow ai to showcase her talents and it would definitely pleased me!

example like a piano version of Planeterium?
A live version of Cherish/yumekui?
An acoustic version of Neko ni fuusen?
Anything which is different from what we had already heard.
But i highly doubt so, as it also comes with all the pvs. Confused

I think that would suit a more of a "BALLADS BEST" album more. I think Ai is probably going to release this kind of BEST in 3 years.

Rinoa wrote:
Imo this 13 track thing is kinda cheap. I mean Ayu and Kumi had so much more! It's pretty unfair especially since a best compilation is a huge chance to sell well and avex is being stingy by releasing an extremely ugly cover and 13 tracks only. I feel sorry for Ai. She's an excellent artist and deserves so much better for her best compilation.

Even BoA had more than 13 tracks...

zyzzyva
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 3:33 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Yay for possible future piano version compilation! This is what I suggested as an 'alternative' release for Ai in the What happens after Ai am BEST? thread. (Piano and acoustic [spot-on for Neko] seem more Ai's type than dance-remixes... Nod )
But I also agree it'll be a long time coming... The best we can probably hope for until then is piano version in concerts, like she does, and the special third tracks on subsequent singles. Love

On another note...
Thank you Rokit and kakumei for the cover confirmation and promo photos! Boogie

While I know the cover still isn't that popular around here, I still love it (reasons here).
Though I am terribly disappointed they took out Friends ~Sabakan Ver.~... No *sigh*
But I understand the swap. Despite the strength of Friends, I think LOVE MUSiC makes sense here on the Best, seeing as it's a perfect 'blanket' song/closer--as shown in her last tour... Nod

I also think the promo shot complements the cover quite well. As the cover is a white background w/ the centered simplified representation of Ai (hanko/signaure), so is the promo: white backdrop w/ centered simplified (i.e. no clothing, accessories, intrusive make-up/hairstyle) photo of Ai.
A visual echo.

A thought came to me while looking at the promo shot accompanying the cover on Ai's Official Site:

The aspect ratio is kind of strange compared to previous promo shots we've seen (even compared to the double one posted by kakumei). It got me thinking...

Especially considering this was released with the announcement of the inclusion of the song LOVE MUSiC as well as a new PV for it, I think it's entirely possible that this promo shot could actually be a preview of the new PV... Shifty

Can't you just see it?
Pure Ai, singing straight into the camera (straight into our hearts <-- cheesy, I know), eyes welling up with tears as she gets to the end, much like her performance at the close of her LOVE COOK Tour, but with steadier, studio vocals.
Ai's beauty/presence and emotions could carry the whole PV, or this could be inter-cut with shots illustrating the lyrics/story. Personally, I think the former would be (like the cover) more striking, but perhaps a bit too esoteric and austere for general audiences... Blank stare

Love

.::carlito::.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Joined: 14 Oct 2006 Posts: 3609 Location: Melbourne, Australia
^
Yes, the promo shoot is very original. I was kinda starstuck though seeing that she had no clothes or anything. Oh well, that's just me. Laughing

rainbow12
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
The promo shoot is grogeous! It inspired me to make a new avatar *points to her new avatar* Love
A piano compilation would be great! My favorite parts of her concerts are when she plays the piano Love
I've just preordered my copy of AI am BEST! Yayness! Boogie Giggle

yukarichan
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Love Ai's promo pic! thanks!

but it looks like a nude promo...

slashersam016
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
Joined: 04 Feb 2007 Posts: 385 Location: Quezon City, Philippines
zyzzyva wrote:
I think it's entirely possible that this promo shot could actually be a preview of the new PV... Shifty

if its true.. it will be Ai-chan's unique PV ever made!! Laughing

Celsius005
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
zyzzyva wrote:
Pure Ai, singing straight into the camera...
I think this is possible considering she's one of maybe several artists that ventures quite often. [whether this is a good or bad thing is, of course, a separate issue entirely Giggle] It'd make for a beautiful, more mature look for sure! Nod

Also, the first thing that came to mind was Hitomi's "Koimizu -tears of love- " PV. Wink Love

and_etude
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
The cover's a total riproff. Can't they at least have a nice background or something?

And I still don't know why Avex nearly took out 1/4 of Ai's discography in a single compilation. Renai Shashin, Frienger, and Yumekui would have fitted pretty well in there.

And I'm bitter that they took out friends for LOVE MUSIC. Haneari Tamago would have been a much better choice, since she does seem to like the song, and LOVE MUSIC just seems a bit...random. Even Always Together or Shabon Dama would have made a better choice.

Promo pic is interesting, it looks nice, but again, a bit blah.

zyzzyva
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
and_etude wrote:
And I still don't know why Avex nearly took out 1/4 of Ai's discography in a single compilation. Renai Shashin, Frienger, and Yumekui would have fitted pretty well in there.
Short Answer: They have yet to appear on a studio album.

There are people who don't care about album tracks and are only interested in the popular singles an artist releases. Yet they don't want to spend more by buying the singles individually--they just wait for the album to be released with all three/four singles on it. If avex released the four last singles here on the Best album, sales would drop significantly for the upcoming 4th studio album.
It all boils down to sales. $$$.
It's that simple.
Every release can't be completely satisfying. Otherwise, they'd never sell anything after that.

and_etude wrote:
LOVE MUSIC just seems a bit...random. Even Always Together or Shabon Dama would have made a better choice.
I empathize with your unhappiness over the 'loss' of Friends. However, the swap definitely makes sense.
LOVE MUSiC is a closure song about the hope created through the spread of music and sharing of voices. It is Ai's 'new' Always Together.
The lyrics are about hope and peace--more of a musical message/send-off, than a song.
Try to really think about what the song means:
LOVE MUSiC lyrics, trans. by vllasko wrote:
LOVE MUSiC

Translation:
the bread that he baked from the morning
puts a smile on that hungry girl
the flowers that she nurtured
fully bloom gifting a smile

I want to reach you through this sound that will become yours
I want to deliver this poem as a voice which will become yours

when this world receives a small bit of love
someday a great big love will be shown to everyone
the happenings of your existence today
becomes one unchangeable page
In the large amount of blood shed
pours forth immutable tears

I want to reach you through this sound that will become yours
I want to deliver this poem as a voice which will become yours

if we embrace, no matter how bitter the sadness
there'll be a time where we can talk about it with a smile
when you again become a coward from having lost to yourself
let's stop running away
when this world receives a small bit of love
someday a great big love will be shown to everyone

Considering the gravity of her message, I think it is the only natural choice for which song needed a PV.
And remember, even when we still thought Friends would be present, many were whining about the lack of anything *new* on this album.
She's giving us a brand new PV, people! Surprised Boogie

*sigh*
All this contention is why I still think releasing Best Albums *before* the end of one's career is stupid. But since it's not going to change anytime soon, we just have to make the best (ha!) of it. Wink

To borrow +Fumi favorite catchphrase:
Opinions are like bellybuttons: Everyone has one. Giggle

My suggestion for others is to try and view what's presented to us from Ai's perspective.
She (and avex Tongue ) made these choices for specific reasons. Think about *why* one would choose to do it this/that way instead of another.
We are all Ai fans here.
We became fans because we liked what she put forth (i.e. what resulted from her creative choices). While something may not have been *our* first choice, we can a least respect that it meant enough to Ai for her to choose it to represent her.
Can't we have a little more faith in her to produce more of her 'signaturely-Ai' material while she continues on following her heart?
Love

Last edited by zyzzyva on Feb 24, 2007 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

and_etude
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
The fact that LOVE MUSIC's about hope and peace doesn't make it less of a dull song, melody wise. If they're going to add something with similar message, Always Together's a good song too and it wraps up really well, plus it's not dull.

Of course, the new PV, but I'm not really holding my breath for it since, to be honest, the last PV I was impressed with was Biidama, and that was a year ago, and the last song I truly liked was Haneari Tamago. *shrugs*

Just my opinion. If Ai wants to put LOVE MUSIC in, I'll respect her decision. But it's also my decision whether to spend 20 dollars on something that might just sit on my shelf and collect dust.

caffeinated
Posted: Mar 04, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
I personally like LOVE MUSIC, it's got a warm mellow feeling to it.
I don't mind the replacement really, kind of tired of Friends anyways, after all the Tokyo Friends promotion and craze. Meow

pon pon
Posted: Mar 05, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Posts: 1011 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Avex CM, 15 seconds

Download (MPG, 4.3 MB)

source: another_truth@jpopmusic

yukarichan
Posted: Mar 05, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Thanks pon pon!

I wanna see this before I go to bed! Giggle
...80%....

ROFL. Laughing
that was random.
AHAHHA. yeah

pon pon
Posted: Mar 05, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Posts: 1011 Location: Melbourne, Australia
this is interesting. HMV now has

as the cover. they used to have a COVER COMING SOON message as well, that wailing told us about

cdjapan have now updated their cover to

which one is it now? Confused

Page 13 of 27     Previous  1, 2 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26, 27  Next