Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21
Page 17 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28  Next

Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21

remblue
Posted: May 02, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
pon pon Thanks for the info and the table tennis was cute Laughing Here I was thinking it was just some random thing with the men in black holding up Ai Sad Ai's PV seems more artistic like it was well thought out rather than being put together at the last second

Negaiido Thanks for the video link. The video was funny and they did a really good job Nod Only problem was that Now I got that song stuck in my head Oh noes

suturawberii
Posted: May 03, 2008 4:44 am Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
what??
there are man in black in the PV???
gotta go see that PV again Tongue

zyzzyva
Posted: May 03, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Thank you for posting the pictures from Dolls, pon pon! Love
[I *love* that movie, eventhough it turns me into a sobbing mess...] Crying

Yes, the black-costumed men holding Ai up in the PV are a deliberate reference to Bunraku Ningyotsukai, traditional Japanese puppeteers.
Each puppet generally requires three puppeteers who, in full view of the audience (unlike most Western puppeteering forms), are clothed all in black, including hoods that shroud their faces.
pon pon's screen-captures from the film Dolls depict the style called 'dezukai,' in which the head puppeteer is not hooded.

Here is an image of a bunraku performance in the traditional style:

I myself *really* love this PV. Love Boogie
As I stated upon hearing the first previews, I'm not a great fan of the songs for this single and was waiting for the PV to [hopefully] change my mind. I don't know if it's exactly done that, but how can I really hate the song that flows over such awesome visuals...? Confused Giggle
Like others, I was surprised that with a name like Rocket Sneaker the first song wasn't as hyper as SMILY or even Frienger. However, I think Ai really pulled it off with this PV. A faster pace in the video would have highlighted the lack of hyperness in the song itself. I think it was an interesting and perfect solution for dealing with the slightly awkward pace of the song. I was concerned that it would end up being like the PV for PEACH, which was fine, but nothing to really stand out.

I really hope there will be a 'Making of' featurette for this PV. Nod
Judging by the set-up and the way the camera moves (spins and pans and reverses) I believe the PV was made by using what's called Motion Control Photography:

My previous post in the "Rocket Sneaker not is a "original" video" Thread wrote:
The camera's path is recorded digitally and thus can be exactly repeated, making overlays of images and special effects possible. If this technique was indeed used, for each 'Ai' we see, she would have stood in that pose in that spot for the duration of the PV while the camera moved around her. When the camera finished, she moves to the next spot and again the camera takes the same path as before. After filming her in each spot, they compile all the 'Ai's together. Since the camera movements were identical each time, everything matches up.

However it was made it is a great PV in my opinion. Really causing the song to finally start to grow on me. Embarassed Wink

As for the song, it appears that she is singing about floating off the surface of the Earth because she is so elated by love (with the help of some 'rocket sneakers'). It also seems like she is thanking/loving the Earth as well... Love
The phrase that she keeps singing to end the chorus is 地球号 ( ちきゅうごう, chikyuu gou) which roughly means "Earth Sign/Mark."
I'm not sure what she means by this. Perhaps like 'Peace Sign' but for the Earth? Confused
Ai is quite active in environmental concerns, after all, as evidenced by her being the face of the 地球号 is MY HOME (Earth is My Home) campaign in Japan.

These lyrics appear to be accurate. Anyone up for full translation?

ロケットスニーカー Lyrics:

地球から ステップ踏んで
    軽くして 浮いている
    HA 地球号

生まれて 育って 出会った
    君とずいぶん 散歩した

当たり前に 苦しんで
    当たり前に 感動して
    当たり前に 生きていきたい
    君と 君と 君と

地球から ステップ踏んで
    軽くして 浮いている
    HA ここにいる
    好きな物 増やして
    好きな景色を 見ている
    HA 地球号

ほどけて 絡まる 気持ち
    壊れないで 大事にしたいよ

本当は 心細くて
    本当は 未知数で
    本当は 伝えたいんだ
    君 に 君に 君に

地球に サンキュー タッチして
    空に向かって 飛んでいく
    HA ここにいる
    好きなうた 歌って
    好きな人と キスをする
    HA 地球号

Source

pon pon
Posted: May 03, 2008 7:03 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Posts: 1011 Location: Melbourne, Australia
^ another impressive and awesome post zyzzyva! we have all missed your insights and knowledge. Nod it is a pleasure to see you here again. Love

thanks for explaining the two styles of Japanese puppetry. it filled in my knowledge gap. Smile

i find it interesting that these Japanese styles of puppetry require more involvement and concentration from the audience. even the deliberate choice of not using a black background. i think this approach and thinking also applies to the PV. even though the PV does use a black background, there is no attempt to hide the wires used to suspend objects (which i am sure would have been very easy, given the black background). so i get the sense that the viewer is expected to look past them and the black-costumed men. the message i get is: "yes, you can see how things are done, but focus on the narrative of the video".

remblue
Posted: May 03, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Thanks zyzzyva I love your posts. You always give a sense of clarity to things. The Pv makes perfect sense now & I also learned quite a bit about puppeteering.
Quote:
zyzzyva wrote:
As for the song, it appears that she is singing about floating off the surface of the Earth because she is so elated by love (with the help of some 'rocket sneakers')

The songs sounds like it's really cute Love I can't wait for a translation of the lyrics.

AiiR
Posted: May 03, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
new magazine list featuring ai chin:

# 4/28 「with」
# 5/2 「non-no」
# 5/2 「TOKYO★1週間」
# 5/5 「beatfreak」
# 5/7 「nadesico」
# 5/9 「PATi PATi」
# 5/12 「bea's up」
# 5/14 「CDでーた」
# 5/14 「WHAT's IN?」
# 5/15 「月刊ソングス」
# 5/15 「BENT」
# 5/20 「FILT」
# 5/21 「週刊ザテレビジョン」
# 5/23 「Soup.」
# 5/23 「Ray」

get ready to see another hole in my pocket Surprised

*EDIT*
oh...also some covers

I like her hair! it looks better than the single cover ones Giggle

[Please do not double post. Thank you.]

Naru
Posted: May 03, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Happy Days Happy Days
I'm sorry to say that I am very disappointed with this PV. As soon as it started I was in shock. It's like...almost exactly like YUKI's "Sentimental Journey" PV mix with her "Home Sweet Home" PV. Even her hair style is the same as YUKI's was during that time. Long and straight with a block fringe. Song is pretty cute though. I've heard better from Ai.

remblue
Posted: May 03, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Thanks AiiR for the magazine updates <3 I hope I'm able to pick up a few. I've only been able to get 1 Ai magazine in the past Embarassed

Crystallas
Posted: May 04, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Hey zyzzyva Smile!
Thank you for the Lyrics of "Rocket sneaker", but I've a question: Can you show me/us the Lyrics in Romaji too?! I can't read this (Hiragana/Katakana) Embarassed.. Sorry...

Miku
Posted: May 04, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
I'm not really sure but here you are the romaji lyrics

ROMAJI - Rocket Sneaker

Chikyuu kara suteppu fun de
Karuku shite ui teiru
HA chikyuu gou

Umare te sodatte deatta
Kimi to zuibun sanpo shita

Atarimae ni kurushi nde
Atarimae ni kandou shite
Atarimae ni iki teikitai
Kimi ni kimi ni kimi ni

Chikyuu kara suteppu fun de
Karuku shite ui teiru
HA kokoniiru
Suki na mono fuyashi te
Suki na keshiki wo mite iru
HA chikyuu gou

Hodokete karama ru kimochi
Koware naide daiji nishitaiyo

Hontou wa kokorobosoku te
Hontou wa michisuu de
Hontou wa tsutae tainda
Kimi ni kimi ni kimi ni

Chikyuu ni sankyu tacchi shite
Sora ni muka tte ton deiku
HA kokoniiru
Suki na uta utatte
Suki na nin to kisu wosuru
HA chikyuu gou

Crystallas
Posted: May 04, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Thank you very much for the Romaji-Lyrics. But I've found a Mistake:

Atarimae ni kurushi nde
Atarimae ni kandou shite
Atarimae ni iki teikitai
Kimi ni kimi ni kimi ni

But when I hear "Rocket Sneaker" I understand Kimi to Kimi to Kimi to ?
The same as the Part who beginns with Hontou wa kokorobosoku te... Smile.

zyzzyva
Posted: May 04, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Embarassed Love Aw, thanks, pon pon & remblue! I'm happy to back! Boogie

You're welcome, Crystallas. Love
Sorry about only posting the kana. Embarassed I didn't have time at that point to write out the romaji. Luckily, Miku was kind enough to oblige.

You're correct, though. The first time it is 'Kimi to, kimi to, kimi to' (With you, with you, with you), while the second time is 'Kimi ni, kimi ni, kimi ni' (To you, to you, to you).

Also, the second to last line should be 'Suki na hito to kisu wo suru.'

Lastly, just to be clear, I thought I'd note that the above are the main lyrics. It doesn't include the rearranged repeats that start kind of echo-y at about the 2:45 mark on the full version of the song.

mafee
Posted: May 04, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
@AiiR
Thanks for the info about magazines. Ai in the cover of nonno is gorgious indeed!

Here are more links to the magazines in which Ai will appear:
beat freak
WHAT's IN?
PATi PATi
bea's up
CDでーた
月刊ソングス
BENT
FILT
soup
ray
with

Some magazines are not updated with the new issues, though.

Also, some magazines might have Ai in just a little column, especially those fashion magazines like With or Ray. I always get With so i'm quite sure that Ai will just be in a small column called 'Music File' or something like that.

What I noticed more is that some music magazines are with the topic of the 20th anniversary of Avex. Cool!

Shukumi
Posted: May 05, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
Here's a higher quality version of the nun-no cover Boogie

AiiR
Posted: May 05, 2008 1:19 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
I want beatfreak but it's only given out at certain locations in Japan = =

Page 17 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28  Next