Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21
Page 20 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28  Next

Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21

remblue
Posted: May 15, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Thanks everybody for the info ! It's amazing on how ai thinks and comes up with things. What she's inspired by. Simply amazing! Nod Such great ideas and thoughts, It's no wonder she's such a talented song writer/singer. Her lyrics are the most amazing I've seen. Some times strange, yes? (Neko ni Fuusen) but so original <3 If The Sky and the Whale is meant for young children, I'm interested in how it's going to sound. I can't wait for my single <3

zyzzyva
Posted: May 15, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
^
Well, the message is directed particularly at young children, but the song itself is meant for all.
I think the lyrics are too serious to fit with a cutesy 'kiddie' song. Perhaps something like a soft ballad, nothing too dramatic, but more like a folktale/story...?

@ tea9210:
Don't be shy! Love Speaking up in forums can take some getting used to. Nod I know how you feel. I was terrified when I first tried to start posting here... Embarassed No

Thanks for the info from WHAT's IN?! Boogie
Reading that, the lyrics and the imagery of the PV really all come together, don't they?
I'm glad we finally have more accurate lyrics.
You can only put so much faith in fan-transcription... No I too, upon first listens, heard -ko, but with that guy's lyrics, just chalked it up to unrefined ears... Embarassed Oh, well...

Is this the issue you have? :

I also found the cover of the new beatfreak:

Love

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 15, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys, didn't want to start another thread, but on a reliable site about music releases on Livedoor, Ai apparently has another single to be released sometime in July.

pon pon
Posted: May 16, 2008 4:40 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Posts: 1011 Location: Melbourne, Australia
^ you write in riddles, HilaryDuffFanboy. the only "reliable site about music releases on Livedoor" i know of is... Livedoor. is there a site more reliable about releases on Livedoor, than Livedoor? Confused

i cannot see anything on Livedoor under a news search or artist details, so i would suggest there is no basis to this idea.

but the lack of an appropriate place to post your comment raises an interesting point. there should probably be a general rumour thread to contain posts such as yours. then if the rumour is proven to be true a new thread can be created about it. this will avoid a proliferation of rumour threads. (which is what you had in mind by posting here.)

remblue
Posted: May 16, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
@ zyzzyva Oh I see Nod Thanks for clearing that up. At first, I was thinking on the lines of Utada Hikaru's Boku wa Kuma but now I can expect something different especially considering the lyrics.

A new single would be nice. It would be the summer single I originally thought Roketto Suniikaa was going to be. Although a rumor for now, still it's something to wonder about Confused & also hope for. I'd like a summer single Nod

@ pon pon A rumor thread would be a good idea. Nod I remember right before Roketto Suniikaa's title was released there was alot of talk about . . . I think Love Chemistry or something being the title Confused Anyhow it would be a good way to keep rumors under wraps until confirmed.

tea9210
Posted: May 16, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
zyzzyva wrote:
@ tea9210:
[...]
Is this the issue you have? :

Yes that is the one i bought Smile
It was really surprising that there are totally 6pages of Ai (including the column talking about movie)
The first 2pages are with the official photos of rocket sneaker, while Ai in photos in the next 2pages wore green one-piece. In photos of the last page and the column Ai wore blue-black camisole and trousers.It's a pity that is no other photos of her wearing the pink dress in the cover Sad
Still the photos are quite beautiful. Sorry for being not convenient to scan them Sad

Talking young children, it seems that both Ai and the interviewer thinks that OnexTime is too sexy for the children:D
By the way, what's implied by the clock without hands:?
Ai said that she was curious about what would mothers tell their children if they asked them Embarassed

KiRei_KaWaii
Posted: May 16, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
Thank you for uploading the songs! >^_^< After listening to "Rocket Sneaker" several times now, I think that song is very very CuTE! I find "One x Time" to be very beautiful. It has a jazzy vibe to it, and I reminds of the B-side song to the "Kuroge Wagyuu Jyoshio Tanyaki 630 Yen" single, which was titled "Hon Maguro Naka Toro 300 Yen". Love

[edit]: By the way, I just checked on the status of my pre-order of the CD+DVD version of the "Rocket Sneaker" single on CDJapan, and it says that it is now in shipping process. Kakkoiiii! I'm so excited, because that means I'll be receiving it in the mail next week. My orders from CDJapan always arrive in the mail in 4-5 days, and the items always arrive undamaged. That's why I prefer to do all of my shopping at CDJapan now, rather than YesAsia.

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 17, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
pon pon wrote:
but the lack of an appropriate place to post your comment raises an interesting point. there should probably be a general rumour thread to contain posts such as yours. then if the rumour is proven to be true a new thread can be created about it. this will avoid a proliferation of rumour threads. (which is what you had in mind by posting here.)

I was writing in reference to this website. The piece of information was scrapped yesterday but you can still see it was mentioned in earlier posts.

punito
Posted: May 19, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote
Happy Days Happy Days
new Ai interview at Excite Music

Link: http://www.excite.co.jp/music/close_up/0805_otsuka

she talks about her songs in the new single and the music arrangements she did with Ikoman for Rocket Sneaker and OnexTime.

For OnexTime, it is originally just done with the piano for a simple image but then she added in the strings for a more elegant sound to the song. Another interesting thing about OnexTime lyrics is that her inspiration came from camera angles. This line of lyrics それを右に/それを左に/上に上に describes her taking pictures of people one by one (i guess like camera angles to right, to the left and up).

Plus Ai is into Wii Fit lately! (So am I!!) especially doing yoga to keep fit. She laughs about herself having gained some weight ever since Feb.

sljinu
Posted: May 19, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
^ Oh interesting. I'll try and post up a translation on the Ch-Ai blog ASAP. Thanks punito!

pon pon
Posted: May 19, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Posts: 1011 Location: Melbourne, Australia
thanks for the news, punito, and the offer to translate, sljinu. Love

Excite comment video

Download (WMV, 15 MB)

mafee
Posted: May 19, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
@sljinu
Looking forward to your translation, eagerly. Giggle

@pon pon
Thanks as always. Smile

Only 1-2 days until the release! I open JPS to see the update all the time.
BTW, anybody know about the first press for this single? I haven't heard anything about it. Without first press it's a little bit...hmm...disappointment. I need smth to make me feel fresher from Ai. Smth hillarious, maybe. Tongue

remblue
Posted: May 19, 2008 10:55 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Thanks for the info punito & sljinu 4 the offer to translate Love I'd love to read the interview. <3 It's interesting where the inspiration came from for One x Time, I wonder how the Pv would be, although there's no telling when an actual Pv will come out, Confused I assume one would since it's not a b-track, Could be like Smily/Biidama, and the Pv will be on her next album.
I always look forward to her albums because I never know what kind of Pvs will come out, Like for U-Boat, never thought there would be a PV for that Boogie
Cute that Ai's into Wii Fit <3 It comes out this week in the US I'll probably pick it up, but I'm terrible at balance Embarassed I'll probably fall right off Laughing <-----Anyhow Back on Subject----->
Thanks pon pon for the video. <3 Ai looks cute there Love

AiiR
Posted: May 19, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
I dont know if you guys are still wondering about what's the translation for the third track...but
Avex Taiwan had officially released the news of this single and translation for each track.
It says 天空與鯨魚, which could be Sky and the Whale or Sky with the whale
it's like neko ni fusen, they translated into 貓與氣球, cat and the balloon, cat with the balloon.

mafee wrote:
BTW, anybody know about the first press for this single? I haven't heard anything about it. Without first press it's a little bit...hmm...disappointment. I need smth to make me feel fresher from Ai. Smth hillarious, maybe. Tongue

It's been a while since her single has any first press Sad
It seems like there's no first press bonus...but I hope there would be in her next single.

KiRei_KaWaii
Posted: May 19, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
I finally received my CD+DVD copy in the mail! Surprised I'm sooooo excited! Overall, I'm not dissappointed with the single. "Rocket Sneaker" is very cute, while "One x Time" & "Sora to Kujira" are very jazzy like. I love the new songs!!! Love

Page 20 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28  Next