Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21
Page 22 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28  Next

Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21

edwx
Posted: May 21, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quote
さくらんぼ さくらんぼ
Two more performance has been added, there are:

5/23 KTV's Mu Jack

5/29 Utaban

Looking forward for the Utaban performance too...

Reiko-Nozomi
Posted: May 21, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
I heard the single yesterday and i'll buy it Boogie
I really love 空とくじら Love It reminds me Neko ni Fuusen <3

lurve_ya
Posted: May 21, 2008 8:19 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
sora to kujira is a really beautiful song. its probably the best b-side i've heard from her. it even made me put on repeat mode, and not listen the 2 A side songs in this single.

i love the addition of instrument in the first chorus of sora to kujira, it is really awesome, i would consider this as a 'triple a-side' single. XD it will be worth the money.

Negaiido
Posted: May 21, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
I agree with lurve_ya Smile
The B-side is better then the A-side on this single Smile

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 21, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. Tongue The single debuted at #2 on the daily Oricon charts with an index of 6.2k which translates to roughly a 10.9k in sales. It barely held off Prisoner of Love, wouldn't be surprised if they both alternated 2nd and 3rd positions the whole week.

x->1 - Hey Say JUMP! - 36,685 (x1.75) = 64,189
x->2 - Ai Otsuka - 6,253 (x1.75) = 10,943
x->3 - Utada Hikaru - 5,410 (x1.75) = 9,468

1337rice
Posted: May 21, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
I think Rocket Sneaker will bump up to 1st after Hey Say JUMP! is over in a next 2-3 days...
their fanbase might be big...but it won't last =D

right now im waiting for the scans ppl =D

octocoffee
Posted: May 21, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote
ポケット ポケット
^ Agreed. Scans would be nice Smile I'm really glad Rocket Sneaker is at 2nd, I really wasn't expecting anything at all in terms of positions, but that's great!

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 22, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Well, Prisoner Of Love moved up to #2 on the 2nd day, it had an index that was 0.1 higher than Rocket Sneaker.

Negaiido
Posted: May 22, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
I Like Sora to Kujira and One x Time more then Prisoner of Love >.>

Crystallas
Posted: May 22, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
As i hear "Sora to Kujira", I was so embrassed of the her new song. i like it more than "Rocket Sneaker2 and "One X Time", the Guitar-parts make me thinking at Yui, but it hear's like the beginning if "Neko ni Fuusen" too Giggle!

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 23, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Rocket Sneaker is still at #3 today, and as of today, Prisoner of Love has outsold Rocket Sneaker. I guess it's safe to say that Rocket Sneaker will get #3 weekly.

mafee
Posted: May 23, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
Thanks for all updates! Love
I actually decided not to buy this single at first. But now I've changes my mind, after listening to it. Boogie
Though I'm still disappointed that there's no first press....

Hmm...not so surprised that Prisoner of Love has outsold Rocket Sneaker. Although it's a pity because this single is a double-A side, which should have more advantages. Ai's popularity in Japan has dropped??? Confused If I remember it right, all her previous double-A singles got the first place in the chart, didn't they?

remblue
Posted: May 23, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Just curious is all, How many singles of Ai's got the weekly # 1? I don't care about position much, I mean I'm sure many singles that don't get #1 still sell very well, especially in the long run, I'm just wondering. Sales in general have declined, people don't buy like they did years ago. Some singles would reach over a million Surprised but that was probably 10 years ago (thinking of Ayumi and some of Namie's singles) I mean I don't think Ai's popularity has declined Confused has it? Her concerts are still packed and sold out no? I think when your popularity declined you wont be able to sell concert tickets no more Nod Although I have no explanation to why some boy bands will sell extremely well Sad Some of there sales really shock me Surprised
Anyhow It's nice that Ai will be in the top 3 at least Smile Prisoner of Love comes as a little surprise, it's a recut single, but also it's Hikki, and with the tie in with Last Friends the song is pretty popular & her album has sold well too

octocoffee
Posted: May 23, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote
ポケット ポケット
^ Yeah, all of that is pretty much true. Music has shifted a lot over the past years. I'm guessing that Prisoner of Love is doing so well because Hikki is just a megapower when it comes to this stuff.

@mafee
Loving the new avatar Giggle It's cute, in a slightly weird way.

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 23, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
remblue wrote:
Just curious is all, How many singles of Ai's got the weekly # 1?

Although I have no explanation to why some boy bands will sell extremely well Sad Some of there sales really shock me Surprised

Prisoner of Love comes as a little surprise, it's a recut single, but also it's Hikki, and with the tie in with Last Friends the song is pretty popular & her album has sold well too

She has had 3 #1 weekly singles, SMILY/Bidama, Planetarium and PEACH/HEART.

Boybands sell extremely well because they have massive fanbases of crazy fangirls, and they are promoted very very heavily, always doing concerts and in your face with advertisements, it's a Johnny's (their talent agency) thing.

Prisoner of Love was only released and is doing OK because it has a big drama tie in. HEART STATION's sales have been fabulous, selling 25k a week even after being released for almost 3 months. As a comparison, ULTRA BLUE was selling 6-8k each week after 3 months.

octocoffee wrote:
^ I'm guessing that Prisoner of Love is doing so well because Hikki is just a megapower when it comes to this stuff.

Not at all, once again there is a drama tie in. She is a megapower, but not when it comes to singles. She's really hit and miss. She had a big hit with Flavour of Life, but some of her recent singles haven't even sold 100k or have barely tipped it, like almost all the ULTRA BLUE singles. She isn't like Ayumi with singles, where she has a 25 weekly #1 streak. Utada shows her power off with album sales, she has the highest selling album by a female artist this year. and by far.

Page 22 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28  Next