Forum Index  »  Ai's News  »  Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21
Page 23 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28  Next

Ai's 17th single: [Rocket Sneaker / One x Time] release 5/21

remblue
Posted: May 23, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
ahhhh Thanks for the response HilaryDuffFanboy
That's not too bad. Some of Ai's singles didn't get #1 but they went on to sell quite alot. Nod

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 24, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
It fell to #4 today. It's bombing on the charts. Pocket sold 39k first week, Rocket Sneaker doesn't seem it will reach that amount...

remblue
Posted: May 24, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
No Sad Confused I thought Rocket Sneaker had more to offer than Pocket and would go on to sell better than it

suturawberii
Posted: May 24, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
nooo i hope it will go to 3# tomorrow Surprised it really deservse it~~

Rokit
Posted: May 24, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
remblue wrote:
No Sad Confused I thought Rocket Sneaker had more to offer than Pocket and would go on to sell better than it

I know right. I'm not sure if "Pocket" had any huge tie up's like this one. This one has two tie ups however the drama must not be any good. However the quality of this single over all is ok, they almost sound like b-side material.

lyx3
Posted: May 25, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
Although pocket didn't had any major tie ups, to me, it was a better quality single as compared to rocket sneaker.... ...

sljinu
Posted: May 25, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Hey guys, sorry about the wait but it's here...

Wait for it....

*drum roll*

Otsuka Ai's Rocket Sneaker/One x Time Excite.co.jp Interview!!!

Ok that was bad...but enjoy!

Crystallas
Posted: May 25, 2008 5:58 am Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
The Chart-Entry of "Rocket Sneaker / One X Time" is good. Other songs was better ("Planetarium"; "Peach"; usw.), but I think that's also ok. Where's the problem?!

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: May 25, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
It slipped to #5 today. No No No

mafee
Posted: May 25, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
sljinu wrote:
Hey guys, sorry about the wait but it's here...

Wait for it....

*drum roll*

Otsuka Ai's Rocket Sneaker/One x Time Excite.co.jp Interview!!!

Ok that was bad...but enjoy!

Hey! That was not bad at all. Thanks you so much. Love

Well, quality doesn't mean good sale rank. IMO the problem is that Ai-chin seems to lose some creative ability to inspire something new... Moreover her style shifted a bit, which is not strange at all. She's grown up and it's impossible for her to compose songs like Sakuranbo forever. To me this change is not bad, it's just that this new style (or something) doesn't attract the mass as her older style used to. IMO, okay?

tsukiko
Posted: May 25, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
Haven't been here in a long time, so many news already!. Firstly, thank you so much for the excite interview translation, sljinu! Hopping off to read it a minute. From what you guys have said, I'm expecting a lot of Sky and the Whale, and can't wait to listen to it. Really hoping Ai's sales will pick up soon, can't help but feel that her recent singles have not been doing very well at all.

alleon86
Posted: May 25, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quote
桃ノ花ビラ 桃ノ花ビラ
lyx3 wrote:
Although pocket didn't had any major tie ups, to me, it was a better quality single as compared to rocket sneaker.... ...

althogut pcoket sounds like those ordinary ballads, i agree its a little better than rocket sneakers.

i dont know how to say it but pocket is a kinda "powerful". The song leaves me all moody after i listen to it. The way she sings it and the lyrics is pretty moving to me.

1337rice
Posted: May 25, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
HilaryDuffFanboy wrote:
It slipped to #5 today. No No No

I'd say, she should perform 空とくじら instead of Rocket Sneaker.....

OR maybe the fans decided to save some money for the Special Edition LOVE PiECE tour and not buy this 0_0

remblue
Posted: May 25, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
First off Thanks Love sljinu Boogie Can't wait to read the interview.

I became a fan during Love Cook and hadn't heard any of the early goodies like Sakuranbo, Kingyo Hanabi, Daisuki da yo, etc. So I was listening to Love Cook and all the newer singles like Frienger, Peach/Heart in which I would read many people didn't care too much for these singles. At least in the different forums I would read. Now I like Ai's new singles Haven't been disappointed in any of them. And her ballads Mad don't get me started Laughing If Ai would only bring out ballads I'd love it. Giggle <I love Ai ballads Crying > I enjoyed Pocket. I did, but when I compare it to Rocket Sneaker. . . Pocket it self was a beautiful song, the PV was nice & had great pics in the booklet Love And Rocket Sneaker's pics are cute and PV was creative but as a whole <for me> Rocket Sneaker is better. It has One x Time which is better than both Ticket & Life Love Circle <again for me> and then there's also 空とくじら now if you been reading any of my posts Wink that's my favorite of the single. Boogie

Regardless of my opinion, I hope this single does better Sad But I have to agree with 1337rice Nod maybe people are saving money for the new concert. Confused

ChocolateMesher
Posted: May 26, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
(as I posted in the DL section: )

I'm really happy with Sora to Kujira. The other ones are ok but they seem really..well kind of generic and recycled :\ Kinda put out there just for the heck of it. But Sora really seems to have a lot of uniqueness and heart put into it and I'm glad Giggle

Page 23 of 28     Previous  1, 2 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28  Next