Forum Index  »  Suggestion  »  First Anniversary Celebration
Page 1 of 2     1, 2  Next

First Anniversary Celebration

What should be Channel-Ai's birthday be called?

Channel-Ai Anniversary  
40%

Channel-Ai Birthday  
28%

Channel-Ai Day  
32%

Total Votes : 25
kikubelle
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 12:02 am Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 27 Jul 2005 Posts: 1026 Location: Toronto, Canada + Lalaland~
Today is April 8th 2005~
In a few days, Channel Ai will be one year old!!!!
YAY~
we have many members but most of all~
many ACTIVE members after the Ch-ai Crisis...
well that's what I all to be completely serious...
We should have do a few of the following I think:

1) Family picture
Due to the increase in Channel-Ai forum members, I think it is appropriate for someone to photoshop all our heads together. Who want to do the photoshopping? Someone volunteer and all Channel-Ai members must send a picture to that person if they want to participate. All heads must be within the picture. No closeups so that we can see all your hair! That is a cool idea ne?

2) Special Private Messages
Send a special thank-you private message to eyn! Keeping a forum can be a pain and sometimes things are overwhelming. Just a simple thank-you is good enough~ Nothing fancy unless you have something to say, like me Giggle . Send messages to all the Channel-Ai friends you have made and write a little blurb about how they make you feel or just a simple thank-you will do. [Warning] Empty your private messages box before it floods!

3) Make a contribution to Channel-Ai!
No I'm not asking for donations but that would be nice. You can do this by purchasing from Yesasia.com and 10% of purchas goes to Channel-Ai. I don't quite remember. What I mean is the following:

a) New Topic
Make a new topic for discussion in a forum that you usually do not visit. Like me, I don't really visit the Ai News >"< or Ai's Chatroom. My favourite chatroom is the Chatroom. Or it doesn't really matter, make a new topic basically. A excellent chance for not so active members to become more active.

b) Upload new Ai Otsuka pictures into Gallery
We can't always be updated with the latest images if someone doesn't upload them first. And sometimes we're too busy to get the new ones.

c) Make a birthday banner in honour of Channel-Ai
Calling all photoshopping professionals/addicts of Channel-Ai. Recreate a new banner to be put up on Channel-Ai's birthday. It can be any image of Ai Chin and ONLY Ai Chin. I don't know the size but you can probably track it from the previous banner contest and or change skin to planetarium, biidama, smily and so forth, save the banner and regard the size on photoshop.

d) Any art forms
Make a new .gif of all the available Channel-Ai members heads or something. Anything you want! You make the final decision. Any .gif or new avatar for less active members or any contribution is good. The point of this activity is to show your support for Channel-Ai and how much you love it and want to get involved in it. Take the initiative.

e) Join the chat
Stay in the chatroom! I don't know how many times I should say this but STAY!!!! Everytime I go, it is always empty-ish T^T makes me sad. I wanna get to know Ch-ai members. Even if you are away, I think after receiving a huge chatlog of everything and reading it later (even if it is a pain) will expose you more to what other Ch-ai members are like and make new friends ^^.

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Go to Channel-Ai on April 13, 2006
I'm sure that everyone is anticipating that day because I know I am. Come and share the joy and the love with other Channel-Ai members as we get a closer understanding of each other. If you cannot make it, just drop by a day after or so. For those who have major tests n assignments due, I advise you not come in your best interest. I just want people to come to get invovled and be happy. Come whenever but just come back okay? Love

Also at the end of the day, come back here and you can post which things you did and maybe provide links to your new stuff/the stuff you posted. I'm sure if there is like an index of it, it will be a great memory for Channel-Ai! Also, other members who missed one or two of your topics can catch up ^^. I know that it is going to be a very special Thursday in less than one week! Gambatte ne minna! I'm sorry for toturing you with my ramble but I had to type the ramble, step in my shoes.

horizon180
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
cool, channel ai's first Ai-nniversary Tongue

a collage of all the members seems like tedious work. hmm. maybe have ai's happy birthday song play when you log into the forum? (i can prepare a short clip of that song, small enough for even dialup members to enjoy). i also like your start a new thread idea. that should keep everyone busy on the 13th Tongue if that were to happen, there'd be so much to read, yey.

i also like the pm to eyn idea. he does run a tight ship and that's what makes this forum, one of the coolest communities on the net (imo).

will think of more.

^_^

yumiotsuka
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
kiku sis~~
im the same as u , everytime i come into chn-ai there's no one in the chat.. i always hang out there alone and talk to myself duh~ lol i hope i can see people around there.. maybe some people don;t know here's a chat going on lol

anyway, in 3 weeks time im gonna celebrate 1 yr anniversary with chn-ai cause i join chn-ai on 1may 2oo5 Boogie

spellcheck
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
Haha, I like horizon_180's idea, a Channel-Ainniversary!

It would be really nice to put together something fun for the big day, but I think eyn is super busy with exams so if we put something together, it will have to be without his constant input. Tongue

Maybe we could all get on MSN and discuss it... Wink

caffeinated
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Wow one year soon! Giggle Congras to Channel-Ai heh. I like the idea of Channel-Ai-niversary since we had Channel-Ai-dol and we should continue the tradition. Tongue

I might upload some stuff when the time comes. Heh we should definitely get a new theme~ I might make a banner but I'm preparing for a big contest til the 22nd which is a lot of work. x__x;;;

michael90
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote
ネコに風船 ネコに風船
wow cool channel-ai will be celebrating 1st anniversary i hope and wish i will be free that day anyway congrats to channel-ai Boogie

just_inhk
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
Yay, channel-ai celebrating it's fist anniversary, it's so fast - this Thursday. Hope everyone will have fun on that day. If only i'm good in photoshop i would have design da banners

orange_ka
Posted: Apr 08, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 1117 Location: *mentally in: yamapi/keita's world*
Boogie ohh, its channel-ai's first anniversary!! 4 more days!!! I'm so excited!! I voted for "channel-ai' birthday" Love

a big congrats to channel-ai!! Giggle

tejung
Posted: Apr 09, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
I wanna participate! Boogie I'll think what i can do to celebrate this wonderful event of channel-ai! Smile

Lainay
Posted: Apr 09, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
ハイパーガル ハイパーガル
<___< I can't be online on Thursday, so Happy Birthday Channel-Ai! And also I can't contribute to the Photoshopped heads, banner, YesAsia, etc. I'm sorry. Sad

>____<

kawai-no
Posted: Apr 09, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
Thursday..etto, i wonder am i free that night?
well we see but... i have same as Lainay does i
cant contribute on yes-asia, banner etc. Sorry for real i would, but i just cant at
this moment. fist anniversary!! that sounds cool so happy anniversary to Ch-Ai even it aint yet

おたんじょうび おめでとう HAPPI BASU DE TO Channel-Ai Boogie

Skull Rabbit
Posted: Apr 09, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
Wow a year Giggle I think that is cool. I hope I can make a little banner about channel-ai's anniversery.

Maybe in the fans section a thread can be made exclusively just for people who want to post their photoshops, banners, artwork, etc about the Ai-nniversary Wink And then the pictures can be collected an made into a gallery section if there are many? Just a suggestion.

Aprilis.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 2:30 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
I have no idea how I missed this topic.

I like the family picture, but it'll be a lot of work. I was thinking maybe we can do one of those anime things. Where the head is a picture, and the body is drawn. Each person will be doing something different. Say for HilaryDuffFanboy, we can draw him holding Ai's picture in one hand and Hilary's picture in the other. And than we can have Lainay posing with a H!P flag. And for those who are interested, they should send in a picture (not a closeup, like kikubelle said) and include a description about his or herself. Then using that description, we can draw their anime body.

But for this to work, someone will have to be willing to draw the bodies. And then someone else will have to do the photoshop. If this do work out, I can do the photoshop part.

pandarryking
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
I will try to online that day although i am quite busy to move into my hostel, but anyway in this BIG DAY, i hope to see ALL of the members who visit Channel-Ai on Channel-Ai Birthday will stay in the chat room all day long. And for sure, i will send a PM to eyn.

Skull Rabbit
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
I think I can do this idea, Aprilis!

I can try to draw bodies for people and go to my dads house and scan them before the 13th (or if worse comes to worse use my digicam to take the drawings pic haha)

I guess if this idea is good to go, we should figure out a way to get people to enter their name/pic/description and I can try to draw them. Like will they reply in this thread, or should something be announced? Hopefully really soon! It will be weird to draw headless bodies so their own head can be added ahah.

Would they be colored or just black and white?

Page 1 of 2     1, 2  Next