Forum Index  »  Ai's Chat Room  »  Ai's wipe off YouTube
Page 1 of 3     1, 2, 3  Next

Ai's wipe off YouTube

do you like having ai otsuka videos on youtube.com?

yay! (yes)  
87%

nay! (no)  
12%

Total Votes : 32
KerushiiAi
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote
ポケット ポケット
did anyone notice how almost all of ai's pvs have been wiped from youtube? Shocked

i personally think its horrible. Crying
people cant download and save the vids to their hardrive, they can just watch them.
or at least, as far as i know... Shifty
i feel that it's just free advertising for the artist. (ai, in this case) Nod
after all, thats where i first heard of ai. Giggle
what do you guys think? yay or nay to the youtube wiping? Confused
is it free advertising? or losing money for the artist? Confused
i want to know your opinion. because, let's face it, importing isnt cheap. and neither are region free dvd players. No
plus, without ai vids on youtube, i wouldnt be here with all of you wonderful people! Nod

HilaryDuffFanboy
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:26 am Reply with quote
PEACH PEACH
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1975 Location: Melbourne, Australia
I do like it. Just so others can enjoy Ai. What I do hate is that there are 3905832582 duplicates of the same PV.

However Avex has been known to send letters to YouTube asking for the removal of their artist's work. They have every right to I guess..... But I really doubt it will make people buy the real CD's.

Aprilis.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:34 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
You can actually download videos from youtube. In case anyone is interested, you can just google "VideoDownloader". And regarding the whole wipe out videos, this had been happening since early Spring. At first I was angry, but now I'm fairly netural about the issue.

And I agree with HDF, it's so annoying how there's a million duplication of a single video.

kazfz
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
フレンジャー フレンジャー
Joined: 24 Apr 2006 Posts: 854 Location: in my own world ^_^
people are just trying to share it...... its the same with so many torrents site ?

anyway, it did a yeah for me... ? cos i dont really care about youtube.... dont like youtube..... low quality makes me go, why is Ai face so weird in there, if you wanna watch, watch the better quality...

if your saying advertising = No, people download them and keep forever

somehow, live performance should be kept, cos people outside of Japan are most likely not able to watch it.....

kaorumorite
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
SMILY SMILY
I am begining to hate youtube lately... *sigh*

i dont watch pvs on you tube though, anyways. unless i want to test out a new artist X3

tsukiko
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 7:37 am Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
Well, I voted a 'yes' for that. Although it's true that people probably won't buy the CDs and stuff anymore, I believe that if they like what they see very much, they will still go ahead and buy it. They could have gotten all that from torrents anyway, so you might as well let people upload it up on youtube.

eyn
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
Well, I guess Channel-Ai TV works 10 times better than YouTube in terms of quality and speed. The only thing we lack is the variety of media file available. Sad

Kinda off-topic but in case you haven't heard of this, Google bought YouTube few days ago with 1.65 billion. So yeah, it's part of Google now. Blank stare

pon pon
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Posts: 1011 Location: Melbourne, Australia
i am in two minds about this. i hate the video quality of youtube, but like KerushiiAi, i would not have found out about ai otsuka without it.

so... i would have to say Yes, i like that her videos on youtube, because it may help someone else find her who never would otherwise. (even though i never watch PVs on it now or anything else if i can avoid it).

Celsius005
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote
Planetarium Planetarium
Yeah I heard about that! At first I was wondering what Google intended to do with it, but I think I know why now. Shifty Well maybe not but YouTube has had the spolight for some time now so it was only a matter of time before something happened. Google dominates YouTube just as McDonald's dominates America. Giggle

Back on track: the whole copyright infringement deal Avex issued did catch many off guard, I admit. I wasn't exactly happy about it at first since I was using YouTube quite often at the time, but I look upon the matter now and I don't feel it has affected me at all. Without the media on a quick, accessible, streaming host site we've all lost that easy access to her PVs, so what happened? Channel-Ai had the dignity Tongue to store all of her PVs and performances in its safebox until dedicated members found the forum. A fun game I must say.

I like how Channel-Ai has everything. Isn't it amazing!? PWNED!

.::carlito::.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
クラゲ, 流れ星 クラゲ, 流れ星
Joined: 14 Oct 2006 Posts: 3609 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Really, I don't get it. Aren't we suppose to enjoy music? Why are the "people" so angry at us for posting videos in Youtube? Ai-chan makes music for us to enjoy!! Boogie

Proto
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote
甘えんぼ 甘えんぼ
Well. I hardly ever use Youtube. The whole copy-infringement issue doesn't affect me so I'm neutral. Though admittedly, I highly doubt an increase in CD sales despite removing their work off youtube. Well, maybe they believe it will and being supposedly pros at marketing, I suppose they would know?

kei
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
don't worry... i'm just listening to renai shashin in youtube now

er.. btw, maybe wiped is little cruel, but logically when the video are swipped, CD sale will be increased

isa
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote
大好きだよ。 大好きだよ。
I would definately say yes
because: why not?
I mean thats very goodm, if u need to look up something, I dont have to search for the
PV on my thousands of CDs, so thats very good, i think
and I also already added ai things to youtube ^^
i think that should be like this, and ai is so cute that she should be shared everywhere
so that everyone in this entire world, has the chance to see her Love Love Love Love

tommykabby
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
上塩タン焼680円 上塩タン焼680円
Personally, I think its annoying. Sure it may affect her sales but what about th people that cant buy things or they arent sold anymore? They did the same with Oingo Boingo and boy was I mad Mad

cherry
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote
金魚花火 金魚花火
i really like when people post ai's videos on youtube..... thats where i saw her first Love
thanks youtube Giggle

Page 1 of 3     1, 2, 3  Next