Forum Index  »  Suggestion  »  Gallery?
Page 1 of 2     1, 2  Next

Gallery?

Rinoa
Posted: Apr 17, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
I've wondered if it is possible to make a gallery. It would be interesting to have a gallery ^^

eyn
Posted: Apr 17, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
Rinoa wrote:
I've wondered if it is possible to make a gallery. It would be interesting to have a gallery ^^

What type of gallery do you mean? Picture gallery of Ai? Or to let members to upload their photos?

Rinoa
Posted: Apr 18, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
eyn wrote:
What type of gallery do you mean? Picture gallery of Ai? Or to let members to upload their photos?

Picture gallery of Ai =)

eyn
Posted: Apr 18, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
I'll see if I can integrate an image gallery with this forum. If not users might need to register again just for that image gallery, which is definitely not a good idea. Do you guys have any Ai's photos in high quality? I need them for layout design etc. So far, I have a few from idol-a-go-go but that's about it.

tomoe17
Posted: Jun 09, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
さくらんぼ さくらんぼ
yeah, how about 2 picture galleries?

An Ai Otauka gallery and an "anything else" gallery. Giggle

eyn
Posted: Jun 09, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
tomoe17 wrote:
yeah, how about 2 picture galleries?

An Ai Otauka gallery and an "anything else" gallery. Giggle

Sorry, I don't think that's a good idea. First of all almost no one upload Ai's pictures to the gallery, and I don't want to see a sub gallery grew bigger than the main Ai's gallery.

Once we have enough Ai's picture in the gallery I might consider adding sub section, but that will take a long long time according to the current gallery activity. Sad

Rinoa
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 12:33 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
Yeah eyn is right. One gallery for now is perfect.

ZeroKenshin
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 1:00 am Reply with quote
ネコに風船 ネコに風船
A Gallery?? haha! it would be nice to have one!! Laughing

Rinoa
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 1:01 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
ZeroKenshin wrote:
A Gallery?? haha! it would be nice to have one!! Laughing

We do Giggle

ZeroKenshin
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
ネコに風船 ネコに風船
Didnt notice!! haha!! sorry! Laughing

Rinoa
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 6:40 am Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
ZeroKenshin wrote:
Didnt notice!! haha!! sorry! Laughing

No prob. It's hard to notice if you don't know about it ^^

madgirlslovesong
Posted: Dec 08, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
I had a few thoughts for additions to the gallery while I was browsing it earlier.

* A section in the promotional items for LOVE COOK

* A section for screencaps from her PV's

* Also possibly a section for LJ/AIM/MSN Icons

I also had a question. I've put off uploading anything to the gallery because none of what I have is my own scan work. Is it OK to upload pictures to the gallery that you didn't scan?

I have a ton of Ai pictures, just none of them are mine. Tongue

eyn
Posted: Dec 08, 2005 8:27 pm Reply with quote
羽ありたまご 羽ありたまご
Thanks for the detailed suggestion, madgirlslovesong, that's exactly what I needed. Nod

I'll add a LOVE COOK section soon, but I wonder what type of promotional item do you mean? For the PV screencaps, currently they reside under the promotional section, in their respective folder for each song. Maybe that will do? Since there isn't that much other photo in those categories as of now.

A section for avatars might not be a bad idea at all, but then I have to think how to implement this section. Instead of uploading avatar one by one, I'm thinking of restrict avatar upload to "packs" only, i.e. avatar packs with more than 10 icons, let's say. The image will show the preview and clicking the download will give you the zip file with avatars compressed within. I might need to talk to some members such as Lainay, Mokyomi and Tia-kun etc. and see if they want their own categories in the gallery.

Regarding your image issue, I think you should ask for permission if you do know who scan those images, such as those JAM PUNCH pamphlet images are scanned by bakabreath so I didn't upload any of them to the gallery yet (before I got his permission). For those images that you do not know the original scanner, you can upload them, since it's unlikely that they will come to the gallery and say "hey, that's my scan!". Tongue But in any case if someone proved that they are the original scanner and request the file to be removed, they will be. Nod

Lastly, I have a lot of random Ai pictures on my computer but I've been lazy to categorize them. As you can see, so far the gallery has been nicely categorized, and I find it better to start everything categorized rather than trying to categorize them after. I might add an uncategorized section for the magazines if their original source are unknown. Tell me if that's needed (or any new category that you see fit).

madgirlslovesong
Posted: Dec 08, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
ユメクイ ユメクイ
I figured for the LOVE COOK section we could upload some of the CD covers, and perhaps some of the pictures from the special website. (There aren't many, but there may be more, and we can kind of add them as we go along.)

As for the icons section, that is kind of tough. Packs would be a nice idea, with perhaps a master image (collage, maybe?) of all the included icons. Not sure how that would be managed, though.

Regarding the scans and such, I kind of figured that was the issue with the images, but I wasn't sure. I just felt bad because our gallery is so bare. If I can figure out where I got what, I'll contact the webmasters and get permission. (I think I have most websites bookmarked.)

The reason I asked about the screen caps was because I've recently downloaded Media Player Classic and I've been having fun screencapping some of the PV's. I had thought about uploading some of them to the gallery, but I didn't want to flood the Promotional Image categories. Also, I think there are a few PV's that weren't singles and don't have categories. (Cherish, Shabondama, etc.)

I also have a question that's kind of off topic, but not really. Is there a better way to screencap? Mine aren't the best quality. (For an example, I posted two from Cherish in the Mumble section.) Also, some of the PV's that I have are subtitled so I was wondering if I should cut the subs off, or just leave them on?

I hope this makes sense. I think I might have confused myself. Giggle

Aprilis.
Posted: Dec 09, 2005 12:26 pm Reply with quote
クムリウタ クムリウタ
about the screen cap of ai's special site, i've actually just made some screen cap of it. i can help with those. but by screen cap, do you guys mean just one picture of what the overall layout look like, or screen cap of everything that's on the site?

for the PV and screen cap, madgirlslovesong you can find some of ai's PV without subtitles here. i have some other non-subtitles one as well, let me know if you'll like them. if you don't want to download them again, i think you can probably just cut it off since move of the subtitles are in the top and bottom "black bars" i think the quality of your screen caps are not bad. since cherish is a tv rip, the screen cap quality won't be as good as dvd rip ones.

Page 1 of 2     1, 2  Next